Windows 10: I can't switch my default display from intel to Nvidia

Discus and support I can't switch my default display from intel to Nvidia in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two graphics card namely intel hd 4600 and nvidia gtx 850M. I want to make nvidia default driver and display adapter but my laptop doesn't show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SaadKhan8684, Jun 1, 2021.

1. I can't switch my default display from intel to Nvidia

I have two graphics card namely intel hd 4600 and nvidia gtx 850M. I want to make nvidia default driver and display adapter but my laptop doesn't show any option to switch. Moreover I updated the drivers manually and from official website too but still Display and Video settings aren't visible in Nvidia control panel.

:)

SaadKhan8684, Jun 1, 2021

2. Windows Device Manager Detects my NVIDIA GPU but I Can't Switch

Hello,

I have a nice NVIDIA Geforce GPU in addition to the Intel UHD graphics card my laptop came with. I noticed under display settings (and system information) that my computer was using the Intel UHD, where I would prefer it use the Nvidia. I checked the device
    manager under display adapters and it's clear that the Nvidia is recognized and enabled. When I go to Advanced Display Settings, however, there is no second option to switch display or display adapter (only option is the Intel UHD). How do I make discrete
    graphics card the default?

Thank you for your time

whereismygpu, Jun 1, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Issues with Display after 1903 update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and effort on this. Please reply with the following details to assist you further:

What is the make and model of your computer?

In order to isolate the issue, I would suggest you to check in Device Manager if you have NVidia and Intel graphics drivers. If you have both, I would suggest you to disable NVidia, so that the display takes Intel as the main driver and check if the
    issue persists. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X to open Context menu.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Expand Display adapters.
    4. If you see Intel an NVidia both, right click on
      NVidia and select Disable Device.
    5. If you receive any prompts, give a positive response to it.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 1, 2021
  4. I can't switch my default display from intel to Nvidia

Windows 10 Anniversary update switched my graphics driver from NVIDIA to Intel

I have a Lenovo laptop --less than a year old-- with NVIDIA GeForce GT730M graphics card. The Windows 10 Anniversary update disabled the NVIDIA driver and switched the display to Intel HD Graphics 4600. Thinking there might be an upgrade compatibility
    issue, I downloaded and installed the newest (last week's driver update) NVIDIA driver for my card. How do I get my system to recognize my NVIDIA card again and set it to be my primary display driver?

LindaKelley, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

I can't switch my default display from intel to Nvidia

1. I can't switch my default display from intel to Nvidia - Similar Threads - can't switch default

2. How to change default display adapter from intel hd graphics 530 to nvidia gtx 950 m?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change default display adapter from intel hd graphics 530 to nvidia gtx 950 m?: Hello, I'm having trouble with black screen every few seconds after trying my new monitor using my laptop when i set the refresh rate to 120Hz, while it being okay when 60 Hz. I think its because my display adapter still using intel graphics card 530, Is there any way for me...
  3. How to change default display adapter from intel hd graphics 530 to nvidia gtx 950 m?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change default display adapter from intel hd graphics 530 to nvidia gtx 950 m?: Hello, I'm having trouble with black screen every few seconds after trying my new monitor using my laptop when i set the refresh rate to 120Hz, while it being okay when 60 Hz. I think its because my display adapter still using intel graphics card 530, Is there any way for me...
  4. How to change default display adapter from intel hd graphics 530 to nvidia gtx 950 m?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu: Ever since i got this new laptop the peformance didnt feel right. SO i checked what gpu was using as display, and it was the intergrated gpu. How do you switch the intel gpu to the nvidia gpu to main display. Ive tried disabling the intel gpu but it was replaced with a...
  6. Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop, Cant switch between my intel gpu and nvidia gpu: Ever since i got this new laptop the peformance didnt feel right. SO i checked what gpu was using as display, and it was the intergrated gpu. How do you switch the intel gpu to the nvidia gpu to main display. Ive tried disabling the intel gpu but it was replaced with a...
  7. PC appears to switch from Nvidia to Intel graphics mid-game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC appears to switch from Nvidia to Intel graphics mid-game: Occasionally when playing games in the past mostly Overwatch the game will almost freeze. It's still basically working but with such a huge amount of lag that the game is not playable. Even after I close the game the performance issue sometimes continues even within Windows...
  8. Switching from Intel to AMD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching from Intel to AMD: Which means reinstallation of Windows 10. I just need to know what will happen to those software that are installed anywhere else than C:/ ? Will they run on the new Win 10 as expected? How about their registry keys? submitted by /u/Shantanu08_YT [link] [comments]...
  9. Switch from Intel to Amd

Switch from Intel to Amd: Hello guys, I need help with my graphic card, I have 2 graphic cards, Intel and amd7400 on my laptop hp pavilion g6. I need to switch graphics to Amd because a long time ago, a friend maybe did something on these graphic cards because he said that will save energy for me...
  10. Changing Display option from Intel HD to NVidia GeForce

Changing Display option from Intel HD to NVidia GeForce: My laptop has a NVidia GeForce 940 mx graphic card but due to format (which was done by a person from Microsoft) of my laptop, the display card is set to intel. When I ran the directX diagnosis, it said my graphic card was the intel chip family. but it also said I have the...