Windows 10: I can't switch the "Hey Cortana" command on

Discus and support I can't switch the "Hey Cortana" command on in Cortana to solve the problem; There is a toggle button in the Cortana settings to turn the "Hey Cortana" command on/off, but I am not able to turn it on.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by mhsol, Aug 23, 2019.

1. mhsol Win User

I can't switch the "Hey Cortana" command on

There is a toggle button in the Cortana settings to turn the "Hey Cortana" command on/off, but I am not able to turn it on.

:)

mhsol, Aug 23, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Hey cortana enabling switch is missing

Hi Donald,

You may find the Hey Cortana setting by following the steps below:

• Select the search box in the task bar.
    • Select Notebook > Settings.
    • Under Hey Cortana, switch the toggle to On.
    Note: Cortana is only available in certain countries/region and some Cortana features might not be available everywhere.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us about it.

Regards.

David Haz, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    How to enable Hey Cortana on Android

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

By default, Hey Cortana feature is turned off unless you activate it. Kindly follow the steps below to enable the feature.

• Launch the Cortana app on your Android device.
    • Click on the Menu.
    • Click on Hey Cortana.
    • Toggle the switch to position On for
      From the Cortana app

The Hey Cortana feature will not work when the phone is in standby mode, however you can follow the steps mentioned in the article below to enable Cortana on lock screen.

Getting started with Cortana

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Dan Olaru Win User

Hey Cortana

Thank you for information! The setings was complete and accordingly with requirements. In fact vocal command "Hey Cortana" was working untul few weeks ago. After this the switch on/off to activate vocal Hey Cortana remain on off and Ihave not vocal command.

Dan Olaru, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

1. I can't switch the "Hey Cortana" command on - Similar Threads - can't switch Hey

2. What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?: The "Hey Cortana!" Feature was on Windows 10! Can you please put it on Windows 11, please? I would really appreciate it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-voice-command-hey-cortana/ffd8cc1d-8ee4-47de-9470-d3c266c2f86e
  3. What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?: The "Hey Cortana!" Feature was on Windows 10! Can you please put it on Windows 11, please? I would really appreciate it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-voice-command-hey-cortana/ffd8cc1d-8ee4-47de-9470-d3c266c2f86e
  4. Hey Cortana

in Cortana
    Hey Cortana: Two days ago, I had Hey Cortana. It was set up and running fine. Cortana appeared in Settings and all was well. Yesterday, I had the old version back and had to sign back in. Cortana had disappeared from Settings and the "Hey Cortana" option was gone. Cortana is now...
  5. Hey Cortana??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hey Cortana??: So this is a serious bug which I am experiencing from the past few weeks..... I cant type in Cortana search bar/ windows settings search bar....... this getting serious as I am having trouble finding my files and apps....... any help regarding this would be appreciated :-)...
  6. Hey cortana

in Cortana
    Hey cortana: Hi guys. I can not change the setting for Let cortana respond to "hey cortana" It is off at the moment. I can find the setting to change it but it is not lit up and i can not click on it. I have attached a picture. Please help. Thanks [IMG]...
  7. Hey, Cortana!

in Cortana
    Hey, Cortana!: Apparently I can´t find nowhere the settings for the command Hey, Cortana! Did they disabled the feature? Windows 10 home -ver. 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-cortana/ed5cc79b-5cb3-4ae3-90e6-bfbc87aa32a7"
  8. Cortana not respon to hey cortana

in Cortana
    Cortana not respon to hey cortana: My cortana not respond to Hey Cortana. I need to press windows+c key or the icon to activate it to start talking. Cortana still respond to hey cortana last week. [ATTACH]...
  9. Can't enable "Hey Cortana"

in Cortana
    Can't enable "Hey Cortana": Hello, I want to enable "Hey Cortana". When I go to the setting and click 1. Check Microphone - It opens up the Cortana search window [IMG] 2. I try to turn on the Hey Cortana - toggle, it toggles back to off. 3. I tried to Troubleshoot the microphone and it didn't...
  10. Hey cortana

in Cortana
    Hey cortana: I have a Lumia 650 mobile. How can I get hey Cortana installed, I have Cortana but I want the 'upgraded version'. Any ideas? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-cortana/5e3f71c9-490c-48c4-b72b-7477f09acd77"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hey cortana toggle off

2. Let cortana respond to hey cortana wont switch on