Windows 10: I can't system restore?

Discus and support I can't system restore? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I keep getting this error whenever I try to do a system restore: System restore did not complete successfully. Yourcomputer’s system files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MoeHoward1, Feb 28, 2021.

1. I can't system restore?

Hello, I keep getting this error whenever I try to do a system restore:

System restore did not complete successfully. Yourcomputer’s system files and settings were not changed.​

Details:​

System Restore failed to extract the original copy of thedirectory from the restore point.​

Source: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps​

Destination: AppxStaging​

An unspecified error occurred during System Restore.0x8007007e​

Here's what I tried:​

1. Uninstalling my AV​

2. Trying to system restore in safe mode​

3. Reinstalling Windows 10​

4. Renaming the WindowsApps folder From here

:)

MoeHoward1, Feb 28, 2021

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Feb 28, 2021
  4. jellyroll Win User

I can't system restore?

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CI can't system restore? :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CI can't system restore? :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

I can't system restore?

1. I can't system restore? - Similar Threads - can't system restore

2. Can't delete system restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete system restore: Recently tried restoring my system to a restore point. I had around 70gb free on the drive when I attempted it. It failed before finishing as It told me there was insufficient space on the drive. When I got back into windows the free space went down to are 4.5gb The...
  3. Can't delete system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete system restore: Recently tried restoring my system to a restore point. I had around 70gb free on the drive when I attempted it. It failed before finishing as It told me there was insufficient space on the drive. When I got back into windows the free space went down to are 4.5gb The...
  4. Can't delete system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't undo System Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't undo System Restore: Dear community,I hope you can help me out. My ASUS was working just fine, but I realized that my hard disk stopped showing up on my PC. I have an SSD installed, so most of my software was installed in the missing hard disk. After researching a bit online, I decided to give it...
  6. Can't undo System Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't undo System Restore: Dear community,I hope you can help me out. My ASUS was working just fine, but I realized that my hard disk stopped showing up on my PC. I have an SSD installed, so most of my software was installed in the missing hard disk. After researching a bit online, I decided to give it...
  7. Can't undo System Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Can't do a System Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't do a System Restore: Please notify me if you have a method to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-do-a-system-restore/7ac18f2c-76de-455e-847a-6887e12a8655
  9. Can't do a System Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't do a System Restore: Please notify me if you have a method to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-do-a-system-restore/7ac18f2c-76de-455e-847a-6887e12a8655
  10. Can't enable System Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't enable System Restore: Noticed my System Protection was not enabled. Can't click on the "Turn on......" Does nothing when I try to "Turn on...." Attached a pic. 20397