Windows 10: I can't tape anymore. My keys are locked. No letters or numbers appear.

Discus and support I can't tape anymore. My keys are locked. No letters or numbers appear. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't tape anymore. My keys are locked. No letters or numbers appear.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by oumy lakh sall, Nov 28, 2023.

1. I can't tape anymore. My keys are locked. No letters or numbers appear.

I can't tape anymore. My keys are locked. No letters or numbers appear.

:)

oumy lakh sall, Nov 28, 2023
  2. Aul.Mara Win User

Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead. Like they are swapped. How do I fix this?

When I type the letter q, number 1 appears instead. And when I type number 1, letter q appears instead. When I type letter W, number 2 appears instead. And when I type number 2, letter W appears instead. Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead. And whenever I type numbers, letters closest to them appears instead like they are swapped. How do I fix this?

My only affected keys are Q, W, E, R, T, Y, U, I, O, P, and the rest of the numbers 1-0.

Aul.Mara, Nov 28, 2023
  3. mccbleue Win User
    Lock Screen Password with Letters as well Numbers

Password is not the most accurate description here, "lock code" would be better.There is currently no option for alphanumeric lock screen passwords, though you could make the suggestion here:

https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

I don't know for certain, but from experience I would guess that they limit you to just numbers to keep things simple because a large number of people ave the habit of losing or forgeting passwords. Over the years that I have been participating in this site,
    I've lost count of novice users who have locked t hemselves out of their phones.

mccbleue, Nov 28, 2023
  4. I can't tape anymore. My keys are locked. No letters or numbers appear.

keyboard letters typing letters and numbers

For some crazy reason when typing I am getting numbers along with letters.

For example the letter T comes up t5 y6 ++and the delet5e key6 gives me a plus sign +++++

I t5ried Fn wit5h num lock and not5hing happens.

GlynnisShane, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

I can't tape anymore. My keys are locked. No letters or numbers appear.

1. I can't tape anymore. My keys are locked. No letters or numbers appear. - Similar Threads - can't tape anymore

2. I can't type letters only numbers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't type letters only numbers: I can't type letters but it can respond when I tried to type letters it won't work but when I tried numbers it worked. I have my sticky and filter keys turned off I also tried on-screen keyboard, but same problem so how do I fix this? Also I think the pc is windown 11 or 10 I...
  3. I can't type letters only numbers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't type letters only numbers: I can't type letters but it can respond when I tried to type letters it won't work but when I tried numbers it worked. I have my sticky and filter keys turned off I also tried on-screen keyboard, but same problem so how do I fix this? Also I think the pc is windown 11 or 10 I...
  4. I can't tape anymore. My keys are locked. No letters or numbers appear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't tape anymore. My keys are locked. No letters or numbers appear.: I can't tape anymore. My keys are locked. No letters or numbers appear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-tape-anymore-my-keys-are-locked-no-letters/cc31cccc-b4dd-4d8c-b29a-6bc75ad6cde1
  5. Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....: When I type the letter q, number 1 appears instead. And when I type number 1, letter q appears instead. When I type letter W, number 2 appears instead. And when I type number 2, letter W appears instead. Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to...
  6. Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....

Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....: When I type the letter q, number 1 appears instead. And when I type number 1, letter q appears instead. When I type letter W, number 2 appears instead. And when I type number 2, letter W appears instead. Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to...
  7. Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....: When I type the letter q, number 1 appears instead. When I type letter W, number 2 appears instead. When I type letter E, number 3 appears instead. Whenever I type the letters on the top section QWERTYUIOP, numbers closest to them appears too. Whenever I type letters, the...
  8. Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....

Whenever I type letters, the ones that appear are the closest number to the letter instead....: When I type the letter q, number 1 appears instead. When I type letter W, number 2 appears instead. When I type letter E, number 3 appears instead. Whenever I type the letters on the top section QWERTYUIOP, numbers closest to them appears too. Whenever I type letters, the...
  9. Number Lock Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Number Lock Key: Whenever I sign off, the number lock key is deactivated, which didn't happen previously. How do I fix this? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-lock-key/51cc0cda-abfd-43ec-8a53-a7f9c50fd94e
  10. Bitlocker recovery key. can't type letters, numbers only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key. can't type letters, numbers only: Hi, Dell XPS, Pro Windows. Installed resent windows update and after re-start received Bitlocer recovery screen asking to enter Bitlocker Recovery key. Can't type the letters of the bitlocker recovery key, only numbers. Any known solution? Thanks in advance. VB...