Windows 10: I cant tell if I have a virus or not, need help

Discus and support I cant tell if I have a virus or not, need help in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My PC has been running fine for over 2 years now until the past weekend where somehow I think it got a virus and im not sure how because I avoid... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Drake5526, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Drake5526 Win User

I cant tell if I have a virus or not, need help

My PC has been running fine for over 2 years now until the past weekend where somehow I think it got a virus and im not sure how because I avoid sketchy websites and downloads.

My task manager frequently says disk 100% especially when I run antivirus programs. Also any application I open runs duplicates. Ive had:

-7 discords

-3 cortanas

-Despite having only one tab i get at least 10 chromes everytime I open it

I also seem to get processes running that arent even open which makes no sense to me either.

My computer runs a lot slower compared to how it used to as well. None of my antivirus programs have picked up any threats either.

Ive tried just about everything I can think of to fix this even reinstall Windows to no avail, Microsoft Support does not put my calls through either.

If anyone can tell me whats going on and help me fix this id be truly greatful, thank you.

:)

Drake5526, Nov 1, 2018

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Nov 1, 2018
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 1, 2018
  4. XVI
    xvi Win User

sound but no video?WTF

Can you tell us what you're doing? Step by step? What program are you using? Like I say, if you're using VLC, any codecs you install won't help you at all since VLC doesn't actually look outside of its own libraries.

Just list the steps that you're taking.

Thema:

1. I cant tell if I have a virus or not, need help - Similar Threads - cant tell virus

2. I need help with removing a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with removing a virus: Being uncoutious, got a virus from downloading from an untrusted source. Built in windows defender keeps warning me about it every day, choosing the remove or quarantine options do nothing to it, inside the location folder from details message there arent any files including...
  3. I need help with removing a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with removing a virus: Being uncoutious, got a virus from downloading from an untrusted source. Built in windows defender keeps warning me about it every day, choosing the remove or quarantine options do nothing to it, inside the location folder from details message there arent any files including...
  4. I got a virus i need help with

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I got a virus i need help with: i think i have a virus on my laptop and i cant get rid of it, i downloaded steam and i think i did it off the wrong website somehow. any ideas? someone said to delete "PcAppStore" but when i tried it froze my laptop twice and the 3rd time it just disappeared, its still...
  5. I got a virus i need help with

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a virus i need help with: i think i have a virus on my laptop and i cant get rid of it, i downloaded steam and i think i did it off the wrong website somehow. any ideas? someone said to delete "PcAppStore" but when i tried it froze my laptop twice and the 3rd time it just disappeared, its still...
  6. I got a virus i need help with

7. Notification tells me I have a virus.

Notification tells me I have a virus.: Windows Defender tells me it cannot access a file and tells me to contact my IT Administrator. I am on the computer and I am the only administrator. From what I can see, the subject is not being displayed."Notification tells me I have a virus."*moved from Windows / Apps on...
  8. Notification tells me I have a virus.

Notification tells me I have a virus.: Windows Defender tells me it cannot access a file and tells me to contact my IT Administrator. I am on the computer and I am the only administrator. From what I can see, the subject is not being displayed."Notification tells me I have a virus."...
  9. Windows defender telling I have virus but I dont

Windows defender telling I have virus but I dont: My windows defender is telling me I have a virus that I got away then after it still tells me about the same virus even tho its not there And I tried multiply times and it still tells me about that virus...
  10. Need help, seem to have a virus I can't detect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help, seem to have a virus I can't detect: Hello, I just returned home after I spent my weekend at my friends house. After I came home I found my computer in this state. My parents used it and usually they are quite responsible but something seemed to have happened. Anyway, all documents are lost, only the software...