Windows 10: I can't toggle automatic updates on in settings.

Discus and support I can't toggle automatic updates on in settings. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I go to updates and security in the settings window then advanced options, I am trying to toggle automatic updates even over metered connections... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NorthernEagle, Dec 13, 2018.

1. I can't toggle automatic updates on in settings.

When I go to updates and security in the settings window then advanced options, I am trying to toggle automatic updates even over metered connections on and it just flicks back off. I went to services and windows automatic updates is how it should be there. Last night I spent over an hour with a Microsoft tech and he had me re download the latest 1809 update which took all night, and that was after he went through every square inch of my pc. Then every thing was set up this morning and automatic updates was on. After thre hours or so I went to my pc and on a hunch checked setting, and there was a cumulative update downloaded and to restart. Before I restarted I checked advanced options and sure enough automatic updates was turned back off, tried to toggle back on nothing, soooo, I went ahead and restarted and still just flicks back off. I am very frustrated, if there is any one who knows what is going on and could help it would be much appreciated.

:)

NorthernEagle, Dec 13, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 13, 2018
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile I can't toggle automatic updates on in settings. :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Dec 13, 2018
  4. I can't toggle automatic updates on in settings.

Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

I can't toggle automatic updates on in settings.

1. I can't toggle automatic updates on in settings. - Similar Threads - can't toggle automatic

2. Suggested Actions Setting Toggle Bar Turns Off Automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suggested Actions Setting Toggle Bar Turns Off Automatically: After turning on the Suggested Actions option System > Clipboard, when I return to the previous screen System and come back to the Clipboard screen, I see that the Suggested Actions toggle bar that I just opened is constantly closing by itself. I enabled this setting from the...
  3. Suggested Actions Setting Toggle Bar Turns Off Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suggested Actions Setting Toggle Bar Turns Off Automatically: After turning on the Suggested Actions option System > Clipboard, when I return to the previous screen System and come back to the Clipboard screen, I see that the Suggested Actions toggle bar that I just opened is constantly closing by itself. I enabled this setting from the...
  4. “Update apps automatically” toggle in Microsoft Store is greyed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    “Update apps automatically” toggle in Microsoft Store is greyed out: I am the only account, and therefore administrator, of this machine. I've managed to enable this feature using a registry tweak, but I don't think it's working since I just had to update Windows Camera manually. What should I do? Thank you. Edition Windows 10 Pro...
  5. Game bar in windows settings is toggled off. When I toggle it on, close settings, and then...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game bar in windows settings is toggled off. When I toggle it on, close settings, and then...: Game bar in windows settings is toggled off. When I toggle it on, close settings, and then re-open the settings it is toggled off again. I can't get the setting to stay on....
  6. Bluetooth toggle in settings disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth toggle in settings disappeared: [ATTACH][ATTACH]I have an issue that ive seen many times on this forum but I none of the advice fornithers has worked for me. One day after logging in the blue toggle dissapeared. ive tried the following: ive gone tonservices.msc to stop and restart bluetooth support...
  7. Toggle between network settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Toggle between network settings: Is there a way in Win 10 to set locations, such that one "Work" for example has a fixed IP, and "Home" has DHCP and I can switch between them without having to enter the settings each time? Those names are just examples.... Thanks. submitted by /u/wa1oui [link] [comments]...
  8. automatic update in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    automatic update in settings: where do i see the option to install automatic updates? I am given the "pause" option, but not the automatic update one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-update-in-settings/1ca0651c-d6a8-4d64-999b-d7e9dc511f8c
  9. Automatic screen toggle at fixed interval

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic screen toggle at fixed interval: Hi, I need help in setting up an automatic toggle of open browser windows at fixed interval(30 sec), like to create a slideshow but of live open browser pages. Is there any tool/feature available in Windows 10 for the same?...
  10. Can't Turn Toggle Switch On, In Update Options Advanced Settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't Turn Toggle Switch On, In Update Options Advanced Settings: As the thread title states. I try to turn on automatic updates. Using the provided toggle switch within Update Options, but it keeps turning itself off. I've prepared a GIF which demonstrate the issue I'm having. [img] This seems kind of odd to me. Why would the switch...