Windows 10: I can't transfer pictures out of my hard drive recycle bin.

Discus and support I can't transfer pictures out of my hard drive recycle bin. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to move 5 photos from my external hard drive to my pc pictures file. I have over 1tb of free space on my pc and over 3tb on my external hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VessyColeman, Nov 27, 2022.

1. I can't transfer pictures out of my hard drive recycle bin.

I'm trying to move 5 photos from my external hard drive to my pc pictures file. I have over 1tb of free space on my pc and over 3tb on my external hard drive. However if I try to restore the photos both 'recycle bin' and 'my files' crash. If cut and paste the photos my pc tells me that there's not enough room on either hard drives and that I need 7.43EB of space to transfer 5 photos! I've tried selecting less photos at a time but it still says I need the same amount of free space. What can I do? I do not want to wipe any hard drives as I have a lot of personal family photos/videos on them.

:)

VessyColeman, Nov 27, 2022
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Nov 27, 2022
  3. Recycle bin corrupted (repeatedly) on external (encrypted) hard drive

I have a portable encrypted hard drive.

I use it on my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC (10.0.17134 Build 17134), a Windows 10 laptop (unsure of build as being used elsewhere by a colleague) and a Windows 7 laptop.

I have *no* problems on either laptop. No error messages - EVEN IF the desktop has reported an error.

On the Windows 10 Pro desktop, I frequently get a message telling me that the recycle bin on the hard drive is corrupted and asking if I want to empty it.

I have tried:

1. Saying "Yes" and emptying the hard drive.
    2. Deleting the recycle bin ($recycle.bin) on all drives from Windows Explorer.
    3. Opening an elevated command prompt and deleting the recycle bin from all drives using rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin (and repeating for drives D, E, F and G).
    I have followed all the instructions in Redirecting

This resolves the problem... for a day or two, if I'm lucky. Then it returns.

Something keeps corrupting it - and only on the desktop computer. No other drives on that computer have an issue reported with corrupt recycle bins.

Any suggestions?

AlisonJPeck, Nov 27, 2022
  4. I can't transfer pictures out of my hard drive recycle bin.

Managing a recycle bin on an external drive

Hi,

Your external hard drive has its own recycle bin folder where the deleted files from it are stored. In order to delete those deleted files, we need to access first the recycle bin folder of the external hard drive. Follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • At the top menu, click View.
    • On the right pane, click Options > Change folder and search options.
    • In the Folder options window, click the View tab.
    • Under the Advanced settings, tick or select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    • Uncheck Hide protected operating system files.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once saved, try to access your external hard drive. Its recycle bin should now be visible. You may then open the recycle bin folder and delete the files inside it.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 27, 2022
Thema:

I can't transfer pictures out of my hard drive recycle bin.

1. I can't transfer pictures out of my hard drive recycle bin. - Similar Threads - can't transfer pictures

2. I can't transfer pictures out of my hard drive recycle bin.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't transfer pictures out of my hard drive recycle bin.: I'm trying to move 5 photos from my external hard drive to my pc pictures file. I have over 1tb of free space on my pc and over 3tb on my external hard drive. However if I try to restore the photos both 'recycle bin' and 'my files' crash. If cut and paste the photos my pc...
  3. I can't transfer pictures out of my hard drive recycle bin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't transfer pictures out of my hard drive recycle bin.: I'm trying to move 5 photos from my external hard drive to my pc pictures file. I have over 1tb of free space on my pc and over 3tb on my external hard drive. However if I try to restore the photos both 'recycle bin' and 'my files' crash. If cut and paste the photos my pc...
  4. Recycle bin on external hard drive is corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin on external hard drive is corrupted.: I have started to get a popup stating "The Recycle Bin on F:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?". Clicking on either option has seemingly no effect and the popup just reappears after a few seconds. This started immediately after I tried...
  5. Recycle bin on external hard drive is corrupted.

Recycle bin on external hard drive is corrupted.: I have started to get a popup stating "The Recycle Bin on F:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?". Clicking on either option has seemingly no effect and the popup just reappears after a few seconds. This started immediately after I tried...
  6. Recycle bin on external hard drive is corrupted.

7. Access recycle bin on old Hard Drive

Access recycle bin on old Hard Drive: I recently upgraded my pc, in which I got an SSD that I installed windows on. On my hard drive that previously had windows on it, I cannot access the recycle bin. I got to $RECYCLE.BIN but opening the recycle bin leads me to the recycle bin on my SSD. Is there any way I could...
  8. Access recycle bin on old Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access recycle bin on old Hard Drive: I recently upgraded my pc, in which I got an SSD that I installed windows on. On my hard drive that previously had windows on it, I cannot access the recycle bin. I got to $RECYCLE.BIN but opening the recycle bin leads me to the recycle bin on my SSD. Is there any way I could...
  9. Access recycle bin on old Hard Drive

10. Recycle Bin(s) on External Hard Drives show Local Hard Drive Recycle

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin(s) on External Hard Drives show Local Hard Drive Recycle: Greetings group. I have a 2 month old hard drive that failed on my desktop PC, taking My Documents with 7 years worth of data. I had just moved the folder to the new drive and hadn't gotten a chance to backup yet. I'm trying to check Recycle bins on my External hard drives...