Windows 10: I can’t trim my video’s

Discus and support I can’t trim my video’s in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I try to trim a video I get the message “Looks like you don’t have permission to make changes to this file. Try saving a copy instead” I’ve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xXWizaroXx, Aug 9, 2020.

1. I can’t trim my video’s

Whenever I try to trim a video I get the message “Looks like you don’t have permission to make changes to this file. Try saving a copy instead” I’ve tried changing the security settings in properties and I can’t run it as an administrator either even though I am one

submitted by /u/xXWizaroXx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xXWizaroXx, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Edit Video in Photos- Trim

Hi,

You can trim the beginning and end of a video so your movie shows only the part of the video you want.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box, select the resulting command and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • What is the name of the application used when capturing videos?
    • Is it happening to all the videos that you captured?
    • What video player are you using to watch this video file?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Martmcd Win User
    trim video

in the photos app, drag the white circle from the left side to trim off the beginning of the video, you should see the video change as you do it.

Drag the white circle from the right side to trim off the ending.

it will not allow you to trim the video to less than 1 second

you can play the video at any time to see what remains after trimming.

when you are happy with the result click save a copy in the top right of the screen or right click anywhere and select save a copy, it will be saved in the original location with trim added to the filename.

Martmcd, Aug 9, 2020
  4. I can’t trim my video’s

Trimming a recorded video on my windows mobile (10)

I am a new windows mobile user and I'm struggling with a number of things. One of these is editing (most interested in simply trimming) a video that i just shot on my lumina. On my Iphone I was able to quickly click on the small block that had a small image
    of the video/last picture taken. From there it was a simple drag and cut. It did prompt if I wanted to trim it to a new clip or trim original which was nice. Short story is that this could be all done in a matter of seconds.

Is there a solution for this? Is it quick? On another note do I need to back out of the camera app and open the photo's app to view my just taken photo's... is there not a one step option from the camera screen to quickly look at your last photo (s)?

Thanks

BobLobLaw_HOU, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

I can’t trim my video’s

1. I can’t trim my video’s - Similar Threads - can’t trim video’s

2. Video Editor trims all my clips

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Editor trims all my clips: Hello, I am having a problem with the Windows Video Editor. When I open my video project, all the videos that I have added to the storyboard are trimmed to 1-3 seconds. Of course I can go into each single video and readjust them to their correct length but this shouldn't...
  3. i cannot trim video in photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cannot trim video in photos: I cannot trim videos in photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-trim-video-in-photos/05500d5f-ae7b-42c2-a722-912b5fe6f6df
  4. unable to trim videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to trim videos: Hi, was trying to edit a video and trimmed it however it won't me save a copy. option is grayed out. editing it using the Photos app of microsoft help please! [ATTACH]...
  5. HELP I can’t trim videos anymore I keep getting this whenever I try to save a trim of a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP I can’t trim videos anymore I keep getting this whenever I try to save a trim of a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrFroggyMann [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqv6a3/help_i_cant_trim_videos_anymore_i_keep_getting/
  6. I want to trim my videos in a folder, but videos are capped at 30 fps.

I want to trim my videos in a folder, but videos are capped at 30 fps.: When i play games, I use Nvidia shadowplay to save 2 minutes and 30 seconds of what just happened in 60 fps. Sometimes this is to much, and i just want to trim the video down to say 30 seconds. When i do that in the standard video editior in the Film & TV app, it caps the...
  7. Trimming Videos in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trimming Videos in Windows 10: Why are videos disproportionately smaller after trimming in Windows 10? For instance, if I trim 5 seconds 25% off of a 20 second video the size in megabytes is reduced by lets say 80%. Note: There is topic that fits this question...
  8. cant trim videos in photos

cant trim videos in photos: every time i try to trim my videos from shadowplay i get an annoying pop up saying i dont have permission try saving a copy instead. ive tried making copies and editing the security in properties nothing works unless i restart my computer its incredibly frustrating as...
  9. Can't save a trimmed video

Can't save a trimmed video: This bug has occurred for many others but I have not found a single working solution. I made an animation in Source Filmmaker that was saved as an .avi file. The file plays and works perfectly fine, its 18 seconds long. I am the only account on my PC and I'm an...
  10. Videos and photo trim W10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Videos and photo trim W10: There is a video that I would like to edit: a portion in the middle needs to be removed. I tried to use trim on the photo app but when the unwanted portion is highlighted, the rest of the video is removed. This is exactly the opposite of what I need. What do I do now since I...