Windows 10: I can't turn on device discovery, it's grayed out

Discus and support I can't turn on device discovery, it's grayed out in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to add a second screen to my computer and wanted to turn on device discovery because windows couldn't find it. I've tried troubleshooters but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nebbish21, Dec 15, 2018.

1. nebbish21 Win User

I can't turn on device discovery, it's grayed out

I want to add a second screen to my computer and wanted to turn on device discovery because windows couldn't find it. I've tried troubleshooters but they don't work. Please help

Timothy

:)

nebbish21, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Yu Huang Win User

SSDP Discovery missing from Services.msc

Hi Expert,

Is there anyone could explain why the SSDP discovery service is missing from my WIN7 computer?

I am trying to turn on the network discovery, but it sees didn't work, then I following the Microsoft KB suggestions to start the below services:

• DNS Client
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication
    • SSDP Discovery
    • UPnP Device Host
    when I trying to start SSDP Discovery, I found the service is just missing from my computer, I got no idea about that.

I checked in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlset\Services\, no any key about the SSDP discovery service, then I export the KEY from one normal WIN7 PC, import to the one which got network discovery issue. But seems it's not working, I still cannot find the SSDP
    Discovery service in services.msc.

I have google so many troubleshooting, none of them worked for me. Please suggest,thanks!

Yu Huang, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Yu Huang Win User
    SSDP Discovery missing from Services.msc

Hi Expert,

Is there anyone could explain why the SSDP discovery service is missing from my WIN7 computer?

I am trying to turn on the network discovery, but it sees didn't work, then I following the Microsoft KB suggestions to start the below services:

• DNS Client
    • SSDP Discovery
    • UPnP Device Host
    when I trying to start SSDP Discovery, I found the service is just missing from my computer, I got no idea about that.

I checked in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlset\Services\, no any key about the SSDP discovery service, then I export the KEY from one normal WIN7 PC, import to the one which got network discovery issue. But seems it's not working, I still cannot find the SSDP
    Discovery service in services.msc.

I have google so many troubleshooting, none of them worked for me. Please suggest,thanks!

Yu Huang, Dec 15, 2018
  4. phrab Win User

Turn On or Off Network Discovery in Windows 10

Thank you. Of the 4 things they mentioned, only Function Discovery Resource Publication was enabled. I enabled the last two, but the DNT Client is disabled & the dropdown box is greyed out. I'm not sure how to enable it.
    • DNS Client
    • SSDP Discovery
    • UPnP Device Host

phrab, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

1. I can't turn on device discovery, it's grayed out - Similar Threads - can't turn device

2. Can't discovery devices over the different VLANs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't discovery devices over the different VLANs: So basically I've set 3 VLANs, where 2 VLANs are wired and the last is for Wireless.I've set my server and NAS on one wired VLAN and my main computer on another wired VLAN.I can't discover my server through SMB or computer computer in the VLANs. Any suggestion? No ACL rule...
  3. Can't discovery devices over the different VLANs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't discovery devices over the different VLANs: So basically I've set 3 VLANs, where 2 VLANs are wired and the last is for Wireless.I've set my server and NAS on one wired VLAN and my main computer on another wired VLAN.I can't discover my server through SMB or computer computer in the VLANs. Any suggestion? No ACL rule...
  4. Can't discovery devices over the different VLANs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why I can't turn on network discovery in the server?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't turn on network discovery in the server?: HiI had to reinstall Windows Server 2019 to one server. Now I can't turn on network discovery in that server. Although I've logged in as an administrator and save the chances. When I'm looking again the situation, the network discovery is turned off....
  6. Why I can't turn on network discovery in the server?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I can't turn on network discovery in the server?: HiI had to reinstall Windows Server 2019 to one server. Now I can't turn on network discovery in that server. Although I've logged in as an administrator and save the chances. When I'm looking again the situation, the network discovery is turned off....
  7. bullutooth device discovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bullutooth device discovery: i seek to add apple airpods via bullutooth but not dicoverable by laptop toshiba.do format to airpods and try not also discoverable .dicovered by phone android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bullutooth-device-discovery/fe488b7f-9be3-4e33-87aa-0aacb326842f
  8. Turn off Display is grayed out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn off Display is grayed out: [ATTACH]I would like to change to never off the display setting of our desktop. But we cannot change. See the sample picturelaptop for your reference. The computer is in domain. We change already in GPO but still not working....
  9. can't modify Function Discovery Provider Host to automatic. manual options is grayed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't modify Function Discovery Provider Host to automatic. manual options is grayed out: can't modify Function Discovery Provider Host to automatic. manual options is grayed out. can't make any changes to the start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-modify-function-discovery-provider-host-to/921d2724-1bbb-44c9-ae87-d3418baa526e
  10. windows 10 developer mode Device Discovery pair grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 developer mode Device Discovery pair grayed out: I am trying to remote debug a uwp application from vs 2017. the target device is a tablet running windows 10 pro v1809 build:17763.379. In developer settings I have enabled device discovery, installed version 1803 of the windows 10 sdk or later and the "Pair" button is grayed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device discovery greyed out

2. why is device discovery grayed out

3. how to turn on device discovery

4. turn on feed discovery,
  5. device discovery greyed out windows 10,
  6. windows 10 device discovery grayed out,
  7. turn on device discovery,
  8. turn device discovery on,
  9. device discovery is grayed out windows 10,
  10. device discovery grayed,
  11. device discovery is greyed out,