Windows 10: i can't turn on firewall!

Discus and support i can't turn on firewall! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hello, i need some help with windows security and I can't turn on all 3 firewalls... for some reason. it doesn't show anything when i click on one... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by {someoneontheinternet}, Apr 28, 2020.

1. i can't turn on firewall!

hello, i need some help with windows security

and I can't turn on all 3 firewalls... for some reason.

it doesn't show anything when i click on one of the 3. no errors, no change at all!

can anyone tell me what i should do?

:)

{someoneontheinternet}, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

Firewall

Hello,

It is recommended to turn on your Firewalls to prevent your computer from unauthorized access and being vulnerable. Based on your issue description, it looks like you wanted to turn off Windows Firewall. To turn off Windows Firewall, kindly follow the steps
    below:

• On Start, scroll down to Windows System > Control Panel > System
      and Security
      > Windows Firewall.
    • Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    • Under the appropriate network setting, select Turn on Windows Firewall.
      • Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your .administrator

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Fuj, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Cannot turn on network firewall for windows10 - SOLVED

Hello Sabrina,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

You mean to say, the option is grayed out?

Is this started to happen recently?

What happens when you tried to turn on Firewall?

Usually, Windows Firewall shouldn't be in turn off state unless you have another firewall turned on. Turning off Windows Firewall might make your PC (and your network, if you have one) more vulnerable to damage from worms or hackers.

To turn Windows Firewall on or off:

• Click Start,

• In Search, type firewall, and then select
      Windows Firewall.

• Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off on left pane. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

• Select Turn on Windows Firewall checkbox's and click
      OK

• Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your administrator.
    Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Apr 28, 2020
  4. i can't turn on firewall!

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

i can't turn on firewall!

1. i can't turn on firewall! - Similar Threads - can't turn firewall

2. I can't turn on firewall and that creates a lot of problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't turn on firewall and that creates a lot of problems: i can't turn on firewall also i can't use the check for updates feature because it says :There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:...
  3. I can't turn on firewall and that creates a lot of problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't turn on firewall and that creates a lot of problems: i can't turn on firewall also i can't use the check for updates feature because it says :There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:...
  4. I Can't Turn On My Windows Defender Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Can't Turn On My Windows Defender Firewall: Acer Nitro 5 is my laptop. The first thing I did was to open the Windows Defender Firewall in the Control panel and as you can see from the image to this link https://imgur.com/a/cdYtEOp I'm getting errors in this page when I upload a photo that is why I had to upload it to...
  5. I can't turn my firewall on. Can't connect to wifi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't turn my firewall on. Can't connect to wifi.: Firewall won't turn on and can't connect to the wifi. Restarting and doing commands didn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-my-firewall-on-cant-connect-to-wifi/8dd23341-28af-499b-947c-07d367b85c9e
  6. I can't turn my firewall on. Can't connect to wifi.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't turn my firewall on. Can't connect to wifi.: Firewall won't turn on and can't connect to the wifi. Restarting and doing commands didn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-my-firewall-on-cant-connect-to-wifi/8dd23341-28af-499b-947c-07d367b85c9e
  7. I can't turn my firewall on. Can't connect to wifi.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/YoshiKombat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iiel27/firewall_is_turned_off_and_i_cant_turn_it_back_on/
  9. can't turn windows firewall on

can't turn windows firewall on: hello how are you every one *_< here is my problem my windows fire wall won't turn on no matter what i do i tried every thing i found on the internet but with no help at all i went to services and clicked on start but every time i do it i get this error [img] and of course...
  10. Can't turn on Firewall

Can't turn on Firewall: After removing Norton using the Norton Removal Tool can't turn on Firewall. Windows Firewall Service is set on Automatic.Remote Procedure Call Service & the Base Filtering Engine Service is started and set on Automatic.Would you help me,please? [img] 43975