Windows 10: I can't turn on my touch pad and don't have the option to change it in the settings.

Discus and support I can't turn on my touch pad and don't have the option to change it in the settings. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As the subject implies, I can't get my touch pad working. I also don't have any available settings for a touch pad either, almost like I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TheGhostPro02, Mar 17, 2021.

1. I can't turn on my touch pad and don't have the option to change it in the settings.

As the subject implies, I can't get my touch pad working. I also don't have any available settings for a touch pad either, almost like I don't have one. I'm on an ASUS TUF Gaming laptop. I've tried downoading and updating drivers to no avail. I can't find anything labeled as a touch pad in the Device Manager as well. I have a human inreface devices driver called I2C HID Device throws up a Code 10 saying "A request for the HID descriptor failed." I don't know what this means or if it's even relevant to the problem. Everywhere I look it keeps giving me solutions that don't work, and I'm hoping someone on here knows how to fix what is wrong. Also, if it helps to know I have an AMD Ryzen 7 processor.

:)

TheGhostPro02, Mar 17, 2021
  2. lacarinus Win User

No option to turn off touch pad?

I recently updated my laptop, the trackpad on which has been blessedly disabled for two years, only to immediately find that it had somehow been activated. I cannot see that there is an option to simply disable it in options, just to make it less sensitive,
    which doesn't appear to help at all. I tried uninstalling the software twice, only to restart my computer and see no change, I do not have a function key to turn it on or off, and all suggestions for others with this issue to suggest turning it off via the
    hidden icons menu, which does not have an icon for touch pad settings or anything related on my laptop, or to turn it off in startup programs via task manager, where it also doesn't appear.

I've been at this for an hour and I'm about ready to just tape the damn thing over, suggestions?

lacarinus, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Touch keyboard don´t auto open when text field marks.

Hi,

This don´t work. Any more ideas?

Is it no settings to change?

/Johan

JohanKarlsson96, Mar 17, 2021
  4. UGLake Win User

I can't turn on my touch pad and don't have the option to change it in the settings.

"Don´t roam" does not work

I recently had the same problem using T-Mobile and a Lumia 710 here in the U.S. Moving to a small town with no t-mobile data connection, I checked my phone and it was correctly set to Settings->cellular->Data roaming options: "don't roam". And yet I soon
    recieved a message from T-mobile stating that I had used 80 percent of my free roaming. I called T-mobile and they did not seem to have a solution to this problem. Their only suggestion was to turn off Data (Settings->cellular->DataConnection: Off). This logically
    makes the data roaming options redundant. My guess is that this is a new bug in the latest update to Windows Phone.

UGLake, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

I can't turn on my touch pad and don't have the option to change it in the settings.

1. I can't turn on my touch pad and don't have the option to change it in the settings. - Similar Threads - can't turn touch

2. Touch Pad/Mouse Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Pad/Mouse Settings: Hello. Is there a way to automatically disable the touch pad when an external mouse is used? I believe there used to be one. I remember when I plug the receiver in for my mouse the touch pad is disabled. And when I remove the receiver for the mouse the touch pad is...
  3. Touch Pad/Mouse Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch Pad/Mouse Settings: Hello. Is there a way to automatically disable the touch pad when an external mouse is used? I believe there used to be one. I remember when I plug the receiver in for my mouse the touch pad is disabled. And when I remove the receiver for the mouse the touch pad is...
  4. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad not turning off: Good day.No matter what i try, the touch pad doesnt turn off, even if i change the settings. When i go into device manager the touch pad doesnt even show up. Before i had it set such that if the mouse was connected, the touchpad wouldnt work, but that doesnt work at all....
  5. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch pad not turning off: Good day.No matter what i try, the touch pad doesnt turn off, even if i change the settings. When i go into device manager the touch pad doesnt even show up. Before i had it set such that if the mouse was connected, the touchpad wouldnt work, but that doesnt work at all....
  6. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Touch Pad Settings

Touch Pad Settings: HiIn my lenovo think pad, some of the touch pad settings were missed, I had attached a snap for your reference.How can I solve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-settings/b284bf64-9048-4a2d-9fed-9898bd2730cc
  8. Keyboard and Touch pad don't work

Keyboard and Touch pad don't work: I factory reset my laptop a couple of weeks ago. When I did, it updated my Windows 10 to a more current version. After this update I have been unable to use my keyboard and touchpad. When I go into the bios both still work, but once Windows boots they don't work again. I have...
  9. No option to disable touch pad

No option to disable touch pad: After the most recent update in August, I can no longer disable my touchpad. There is no option in the settings to disable, and no toggle button that will turn it on and off either. Is there some new way to disable the touchpad since I use an external mouse? It is pretty...
  10. touch pad settings

touch pad settings: Whenever my finger drifts towards the left side of the touchpad, possibly only the left top, it causes my app or browser that I'm working in to zoom in. I need to disable that but I can't find the setting for it....