Windows 10: i cant turn on my windows defender and firewall

Discus and support i cant turn on my windows defender and firewall in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i've been a lurker on reddit for years, but i made an account just so i can make this post because this issue has been bothering me a lot. ever since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Very_blasphemous, May 18, 2020.

1. i cant turn on my windows defender and firewall

i've been a lurker on reddit for years, but i made an account just so i can make this post because this issue has been bothering me a lot.

ever since yesterday, my windows defender and firewall are completely unable to be turned on, if i turn the real time protection it goes back off and windows firewall gives me an error message.

i've looked up a bunch of fix for this but none seems to work (including the regedit, and the services solution), although i found one that was really recommended by people and they said it fixed their issue, it was a fix by u/aydrian74 but for me i dont think it's working (or maybe im just doing it wrong).

i've had the thought that it could be a virus, but so far there has been nothing wrong with my pc, aside from the not being able to turn on the defender and firewall thing.

i also thought of doing a factory reset for my pc, thought it is my last resort. any help would be appreciated

submitted by /u/Very_blasphemous
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Very_blasphemous, May 18, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, May 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off

You can turn off and reset Windows Defender Firewall from:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Click on System and Security.
    3. Click on Windows Firewall.

FreeBooter, May 18, 2020
  4. jvallee Win User

i cant turn on my windows defender and firewall

Windows 10 Defender Firewall can't be turned off

No I cannot. I get various errors...

jvallee, May 18, 2020
Thema:

i cant turn on my windows defender and firewall

1. i cant turn on my windows defender and firewall - Similar Threads - cant turn defender

2. I Can't Turn On My Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Can't Turn On My Windows Defender Firewall: Acer Nitro 5 is my laptop. The first thing I did was to open the Windows Defender Firewall in the Control panel and as you can see from the image to this link https://imgur.com/a/cdYtEOp I'm getting errors in this page when I upload a photo that is why I had to upload it to...
  3. I Can't Turn On My Windows Defender Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Can't Turn On My Windows Defender Firewall: Acer Nitro 5 is my laptop. The first thing I did was to open the Windows Defender Firewall in the Control panel and as you can see from the image to this link https://imgur.com/a/cdYtEOp I'm getting errors in this page when I upload a photo that is why I had to upload it to...
  4. I Can't Turn On My Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Microsoft Defender Firewall: I can't turn on the Defender Firewall, error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Microsoft Defender Firewall: I can't turn on the Defender Firewall, error...: Hello,I am running a Lenovo Thinkpad T480 under Windows 11 latest update, i.e. 2022-04 Cum Update. I use Windows Defender antivirus and I would like to turn on Microsoft Defender Firewall. However, the option to turn it on is greyed out and I have an error message : "This...
  6. Windows 11 Microsoft Defender Firewall: I can't turn on the Defender Firewall, error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Microsoft Defender Firewall: I can't turn on the Defender Firewall, error...: Hello,I am running a Lenovo Thinkpad T480 under Windows 11 latest update, i.e. 2022-04 Cum Update. I use Windows Defender antivirus and I would like to turn on Microsoft Defender Firewall. However, the option to turn it on is greyed out and I have an error message : "This...
  7. I cant turn on windows defender

I cant turn on windows defender: help please [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-cant-turn-on-windows-defender/9728c641-b905-400f-9dff-6b03936c23a7
  8. Cant turn on my Windows Defender

Cant turn on my Windows Defender: my virus and threat protection is turned off and I cant turn it on because the security is managed by an administrator. Im the only one who uses my computer and I can do anything except manage my security....
  9. window defender shows no provider in my PC, cant turn on firewall, run defender and i cant...

in Windows 10 Customization
    window defender shows no provider in my PC, cant turn on firewall, run defender and i cant...: Hey! so I see these problems in my pc now and due to this I cannot download thing from my Microsoft store and cant update my window although when I use to turn off my pc then I see 'getting window update ready' and it never stops until I force turn off. then I check my window...
  10. Cant turn on firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant turn on firewall: Hey I am sitting here with this problem where i cant turn on the firewall. Every time i try to press "use recommended settings" it says "some of the settings werent correct and can not be changed by windows defender firewall. Error code 0x8007045b" I have been in the...