Windows 10: I can't turn on my windows security : windows defender antivirus

Discus and support I can't turn on my windows security : windows defender antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; it is grayed out , i can't change any ... who can help me ? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jeyo Zaplan, Mar 24, 2020.

1. I can't turn on my windows security : windows defender antivirus

it is grayed out , i can't change any ... who can help me ?

I can't turn on my windows security : windows defender antivirus 72275b0b-aeab-4399-8e10-e32ffbb1f299?upload=true.png

:)

Jeyo Zaplan, Mar 24, 2020
  2. tpriest Win User

Security Centre reports Kaspersky and Windows Defender turned off

In Windows Settings / Update and Security it only has Windows Defender in the list on the left hand side, this reports "The settings for Windows Defender Antivirus aren't available because it is turned off"; then gives the option to Turn on Windows Defender Antivirus.

In old-style Control Panel / Security and Maintenance, under the Security heading, it reports Windows Defender Antivirus and Kaspersky Internet Security are both turned off, and gives a button View Antivirus Applications. This shows the dialogue box I mentioned in the OP which lists the two installed virus protection applications: Kaspersky Internet Security - Off, Windows Defender Antivirus - Snoozed.

Kaspersky reports Your Computer is protected and can be seen in Task Manager to be running and consuming resources.

As Windows - falsely - claims neither is running there's no option to turn one off.

I'm wondering whether it started with this week's Windows updates.

I might try uninstalling and re-installing KIS to see if it makes any difference.

tpriest, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Is Windows Defender a proper Antivirus for Windows 10 ?

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Many. Suggestion to use your preferred search engine and look it up. Also see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18900/consumer-antivirus-software-providers-for-windows

Suggestion to read:

===

4) Are you spamming?

Jsssssssss, Mar 24, 2020
  4. I can't turn on my windows security : windows defender antivirus

Jsssssssss, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

I can't turn on my windows security : windows defender antivirus

1. I can't turn on my windows security : windows defender antivirus - Similar Threads - can't turn security

2. Not able to turn on windows defender antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not able to turn on windows defender antivirus: Recently I have uninstalled an antivirus software and now when I am trying to turn on my windows defender antivirus it does not respond.What should I do ?...
  3. Turning on Windows Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning on Windows Defender Antivirus: I just deleted an antivirus software from my computer, and am unable to enable windows defender antivirus.As you can see, there is no option to enable Microsoft defender antivirus....
  4. Windows Security/Defender Turns off with 3rd Party Antivirus

Windows Security/Defender Turns off with 3rd Party Antivirus: Basically the title, I was told that windows security doesn't even operate when you have a 3rd party anti virus installed. Is this true? I thought windows security and kaspersky for example worked back to back. Thanks :) Windows 20H2 179412
  5. Can't turn on Windows Antivirus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't turn on Windows Antivirus: [ATTACH] I hate 3rd party antivirus apps; they usually don't detect hidden malware in the first place. I recently got rid of Norton Security (which was pre installed on my PC) and Avast after testing it out with a few malware files (Avast and Comodo both claimed the files...
  6. I Can't See Windows 10 Defender Antivirus in the Windows Security Settings.

I Can't See Windows 10 Defender Antivirus in the Windows Security Settings.: I recently uninstalled McAfee AV software from an Asus gaming PC and I wanted to use the built-in Windows 10 Defender AV utilities. The problem was that I could not see the AV user interface under Settings > Windows Security. The UI was visible and accessible on my other...
  7. Turning on windows defender antivirus in version1903

Turning on windows defender antivirus in version1903: My windows defender antivirus is turned off all other components are on. How do I turn on the virus protection? It says it's managed by my organization, but there is no organization. This is my home....
  8. Can't Open Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows Security

Can't Open Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows Security: Issue When I check Windows Security everything is green. But if I click on any of the options I get a pop-up that says "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender" and my only option is to "Look for an App in the Microsoft Store" So, if I click ok it takes me to the...
  9. I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus.

I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus.: I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. I entered the "Windows Key + R" (run program) keyboard shortcut. I entered "control" and pressed "Enter". I clicked on "System and Security". Then I clicked on "Security and maintenance". In the "Security and Maintenance" window,...
  10. Windows Defender Antivirus won't turn on

Windows Defender Antivirus won't turn on: I get prompts telling me I need to turn on Windows Defender Antivirus every time I turn on my laptop. When I go to the security center I do not have the option to switch any of the toggles to On, they just remain grey. Windows 10 came installed on this laptop. I have not...