Windows 10: I can't turn on optional diagnostic data in settings

Discus and support I can't turn on optional diagnostic data in settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; when I go to settings>privacy>diagnostics and feedback and turn on optional diagnostic data it doesn't saves... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WindowsExpert123, Jun 29, 2021.

1. I can't turn on optional diagnostic data in settings

when I go to settings>privacy>diagnostics and feedback and turn on optional diagnostic data it doesn't saves

:)

WindowsExpert123, Jun 29, 2021

2. The "Open Diagnostic Data Viewer" is broken in Windows 10 (64) Version 2004

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, a Windows expert here to help resolve your issue & I understand that the Diagnostic Data Viewer is getting closed immediately soon after it opens. I would suggest you follow the below to resolve the issue.

Step 1:

Click on Diagnostics & feedback on the left side, turn off View diagnostic data on the right side

Step 2:

Restart Computer

Step 3:

Click on Diagnostics & feedback on the left side, turn On View diagnostic data on the right side

Step4:

Now try opening the Diagnostic Data Viewer

Regards

Shuaib

Windows Expert User

MohammedShuaib1986, Jun 29, 2021
  3. The "Open Diagnostic Data Viewer" is broken in Windows 10 (64) Version 2004

Hi Danilo,

I'm sorry that the issue still persists and as a next step in resolving your issue, I suggest you follow the below instructions to uninstall the Diagnostic Data Viewer and install it again.

To uninstall the Diagnostic Data Viewer:

Step 1:

Go to Search Box next to Windows icon & Type Apps & features

Step 2:

Click on Apps & features to open the settings page

Step 3:

On the right side of the page scroll down to see the Diagnostic Data Viewer

Step 4:

Select Diagnostic Data Viewer & click Uninstall

Step 5:

Restart the computer after uninstallation completes.

Now to Install the Diagnostic Data Viewer:

Step 1:

Goto Search Box next to Windows Icon & Type Privacy Settings

Step 2:

Click to open Privacy Settings & then select Diagnostic & feedback

Step 3:

On the right side scroll down under diagnostic & feedback to see Diagnostic Data Viewer

Step 4:

Under Diagnostic Data Viewer click Diagnostic Data Viewer tab

Step 5:

The above step will open Microsoft Store which will prompt you to Install Diagnostic Data Viewer

Step 6:

Click Install

Step 7:

Restart Computer after installation completes

Step 8:

Go to Search Box next to Windows Icon & Type Diagnostic Data Viewer

Step 9:

Click on the Diagnostic Data Viewer app to open it.

Regards

Shuaib

Windows Expert User

MohammedShuaib1986, Jun 29, 2021
  4. I can't turn on optional diagnostic data in settings

Diagnostic Data Collection Options Cannot Be Changed

I was attempting to change the diagnostic data collection from Optional to Required. Every time I selected the Required option and exited that settings page, when I re-entered the Diagnostic Data Collection Settings page, Optional would be selected rather
    than Required. What's going on?

SuicuneFox, Jun 29, 2021
Thema:

I can't turn on optional diagnostic data in settings

1. I can't turn on optional diagnostic data in settings - Similar Threads - can't turn optional

2. optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off: the video of me trying it outwhen i try to get windopws insider it doesnt let me bc of the optinal data thing and when i turn it on it just unturns on video above is a google drvie link so dont think its sus or sumink i not a scemer...
  3. optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optional diagnostic data keeps turning itself off: the video of me trying it outwhen i try to get windopws insider it doesnt let me bc of the optinal data thing and when i turn it on it just unturns on video above is a google drvie link so dont think its sus or sumink i not a scemer...
  4. Windows 11 Optional Diagnostic Data cannot be turned on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Optional Diagnostic Data cannot be turned on.: I turn on optional diagnostic data but after leaving the tab it automatically turn off. @DaveM121 i hope you will help lol :DStep by step what is happening:1 23.4....
  5. Windows 11 Optional Diagnostic Data cannot be turned on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Optional Diagnostic Data cannot be turned on.: I turn on optional diagnostic data but after leaving the tab it automatically turn off. @DaveM121 i hope you will help lol :DStep by step what is happening:1 23.4....
  6. I can't turn my diagnostics data to optional

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't turn my diagnostics data to optional: The Settings Looks like this, is there a way to change my dianostics data to optional?àda https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-my-diagnostics-data-to-optional/e96761d1-2511-44b3-aee0-5d736fabcbd9
  7. Can't switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data

Can't switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data: Hi, I cant switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data. Pls helpVideo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iO4ggbV0Mw4QCHed6fvK5POEJHCUV7ZV/view?usp=sharing...
  8. Unable to turn on optional diagnostic data in my pc

Unable to turn on optional diagnostic data in my pc: As I heard that the windows insiders would be able to get windows 11, I felt that I could be an insider. But, when I turn on the optional diagnostic data it automatically switches to required diagnostic data and I couldn't also turn on the "Improve inking and typing". So...
  9. Enable telementry back Can't turn on Diagnostic & Feedback -> Optional diagnostic data

Enable telementry back Can't turn on Diagnostic & Feedback -> Optional diagnostic data: I have a little problem. When creating my account in Windows, I removed all the checkboxes from all telemetry, now I cannot turn it on back again Diagnostic & Feedback -> Optional diagnostic data, but I need it for Insider.It says, that some of the parameters are disabled....
  10. Can't select "Optional diagnostic data" on child device

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't select "Optional diagnostic data" on child device: I just upgraded to Win 10 - ver 2004 and can't seem to select "Optional diagnostic data" on child device - settings -> Privacy ->Diagnostics and Feedback. I want to make this selection in order to use the Family Safety app to set time limits for my child's app. So far, the...