Windows 10: i cant turn on or off any of my windows virus and protection settings!

Discus and support i cant turn on or off any of my windows virus and protection settings! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; ive looked everywhere for help and i can not get my answer ive tried everything possible and its getting on my nerves now since i wanted to downloads... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shy white, Oct 4, 2020.

1. shy white Win User

i cant turn on or off any of my windows virus and protection settings!

ive looked everywhere for help and i can not get my answer ive tried everything possible and its getting on my nerves now since i wanted to downloads something that isnt a virus. But windows claims it is! And even though all my protection settings are off it still deletes it saying failed- virus detected. Ive tried it on other browsers, and still nothing. And i cant even check and then uncheck my virus and protection settings because it wont allow me to, and it wont let me update it either for some reason. it just says unavailable.

It didnt do this a month ago and now all of a sudden it is, please help asap

here are the screenshots i cant turn on or off any of my windows virus and protection settings! 46f4ef02-98fb-4b7d-a2fa-91fe1361a946?upload=true.png

i cant turn on or off any of my windows virus and protection settings! b6f43e61-cb27-4707-afe0-4512f37d85c1?upload=true.png

:)

shy white, Oct 4, 2020
  2. Thagstrom Win User

How can I turn off virus protection?

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

I would suggest to only turn off virus protection for a short duration such as during the installation of an app that can't be installed otherwise.

The steps to turn off windows defender are:

1. Select Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > virus & threat protections settings

2. Switch Real-time protection to Off. Note that scheduled scans will continue to run. However, files that are downloaded or installed will not be scanned.

Thagstrom, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Turning on spyware and virus protection

I have Windows 10 and have been advised that both my spyware and virus protections are not turned on. I have tried to turn them on but to no avail. I do not have any competing protection installed on my computer. Please advise as to how to proceed.

PhyllisScheffler, Oct 4, 2020
  4. i cant turn on or off any of my windows virus and protection settings!

Turning on spyware and virus protection

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

Windows Defender is the default real-time (always on) protection program in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.

If there are any third party security software installed, then Windows Defender will get disabled automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it help:

• Open Settings by either clicking on the Settings icon on the Start menu or simultaneously pressing Windows and I keys.

• Click on Update & Security.

• Click on Windows Defender, and on the left right side, turn on.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

i cant turn on or off any of my windows virus and protection settings!

1. i cant turn on or off any of my windows virus and protection settings! - Similar Threads - cant turn off

2. I cant open any virus of thread&protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant open any virus of thread&protection: There is a message that tells me to restart my thread protection but i can't restart it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-any-virus-of-threadprotection/78062cc0-0f93-4653-a331-5ad33073ba60
  3. I cant open any virus of thread&protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant open any virus of thread&protection: There is a message that tells me to restart my thread protection but i can't restart it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-any-virus-of-threadprotection/78062cc0-0f93-4653-a331-5ad33073ba60
  4. Cant turn off tamper protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant turn off tamper protection: I need to turn off tamper protection because i want to turn off real time protection, but i cannot turn it off and it says "This Settings is managed by your administrator". The problem is i am the administrator on my pc, it clearly says Administrator on my account on...
  5. Cant turn off tamper protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant turn off tamper protection: I need to turn off tamper protection because i want to turn off real time protection, but i cannot turn it off and it says "This Settings is managed by your administrator". The problem is i am the administrator on my pc, it clearly says Administrator on my account on...
  6. Virus and threat protection is turned off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and threat protection is turned off: Virus and threat protection is turned off and says settings are controlled by administrator. Even tamper protection is turned off The virus scans don't work and shut down automatically. Please help. i waited a long time for windows update to resolve this but it seems that...
  7. My Virus & threat protection settings are all unavailable to turn off/on and some are...

My Virus & threat protection settings are all unavailable to turn off/on and some are...: Hello, my name is Isaak and I am currently having a problem turning any of the Virus & threat protection settings either on or off i have given it a lot of tries with other Microsoft threads like:...
  8. Virus protection is turn off

Virus protection is turn off: can any one tell me why is my virus protection turn off and I don't have another virus protection installed? [Original Title: virus protion] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-protection-is-turn-off/14128dfb-7692-4a02-8e40-31ec772b27db
  9. Cant enable any virus and threat protection settings "This setting is managed by an...

Cant enable any virus and threat protection settings "This setting is managed by an...: So I am the admin, and there is only one profile on this pc, but after applying the latest windows update I can no longer enable real time protection or anything similar under the virus and threat protection settings due to the above message What is the workaround?...
  10. How can I turn off virus protection?

How can I turn off virus protection?: I don't have any installed so I assume it's Windows Defender. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-off-virus-protection/bacfac28-d7fe-499e-bf00-40c4d4df7104"