Windows 10: I can't turn on "virus and threat protection"

Discus and support I can't turn on "virus and threat protection" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I'm extremely stupid when it comes to laptop and I just want to know what this means. (see image below) Sorry, I'm dumb please help me out. if it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaddyDamron, Feb 13, 2019.

1. I can't turn on "virus and threat protection"

So I'm extremely stupid when it comes to laptop and I just want to know what this means. (see image below) Sorry, I'm dumb please help me out. if it helps I am the administrator and I have using the command prompt. I'm currently running sfc /scannow

I can't turn on "virus and threat protection" 04839399-4220-4d5a-a48a-b9c2992aafd4?upload=true.png

:)

MaddyDamron, Feb 13, 2019
  2. JCH54 Win User

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Feb 13, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Virus & Threat Protection

Hi Steven, while Controlled Folder Access is going to be a great feature, for the moment, until the rest of the software community catch up, your best option is to turn that feature off for now

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to find Controlled folder access

Turn that option off

DaveM121, Feb 13, 2019
  4. T2512 Win User

I can't turn on "virus and threat protection"

Cannot turn on Virus protection

My virus protection cannot be turned on after the latest update of Windows. There is notice about unexpected error everytime I try to restart Virus protection (In the security center, it said that threat service has stopped and I need to restart). I have
    tried many methods suggested in the Internet but none work. And I dont install any other virus-protection progam like Norton or Mcaffe.

T2512, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

I can't turn on "virus and threat protection"

1. I can't turn on "virus and threat protection" - Similar Threads - can't turn virus

2. can't open virus and threat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open virus and threat protection: can't open the virus and threat protection in windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-virus-and-threat-protection/b5baed81-eeba-49b7-8c88-0bd96151c0a3
  3. can't open virus and threat protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't open virus and threat protection: can't open the virus and threat protection in windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-virus-and-threat-protection/b5baed81-eeba-49b7-8c88-0bd96151c0a3
  4. can't run virus&threat protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't run virus&threat protection: I try to run a quick scan on my pc and usual. But this window pops up. I am just a casual user so I didn't do anything to adjust the setting. The strange thing is that a few weeks ago my PC asked me to change the PIN password, so I changed it. When I check the password page,...
  5. can't open virus and threat protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't open virus and threat protection: I've seen other answers to question from people with similar problems, but I simply can't open it. My PC isn't connected to a school or work account. If it would help, I bought my computer prebuilt and It had a local account with no password labelled 'PC'....
  6. Virus and threat protection is turned off

Virus and threat protection is turned off: Virus and threat protection is turned off and says settings are controlled by administrator. Even tamper protection is turned off The virus scans don't work and shut down automatically. Please help. i waited a long time for windows update to resolve this but it seems that...
  7. Cannot turn on virus and threat protection

Cannot turn on virus and threat protection: When I try to turn antivirus protect on I get the message "your virus and threat protection are managed by your organization" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-virus-and-threat-protection/f93dcfe5-fe02-4437-96ff-c6b36bcef4fb"
  8. How to Turn On Virus & Threat Protection?

How to Turn On Virus & Threat Protection?: I keep getting notifications to "Click to turn on Virus and Threat Protection". When I click, I get this: [ATTACH] I am logged in as an Administrator in my account. How do I fix this and turn on Virus and Threat Protection?...
  9. Turn on virus and threat protection

Turn on virus and threat protection: Hi, I do not have any third party antivirus application installed on my pc but whenever I'm trying to turn it on from the settings, I get a error message saying that " Your virus & threat protection is being managed by your organization " Please help.. With Regards,...
  10. Virus & Threat protection disabled. I can't turn it on.

Virus & Threat protection disabled. I can't turn it on.: I also cannot access defender offline scan as a result. Is this a Windows issue? It keeps saying my IT Manager and Organisation control these things but I am the Admin on a home PC....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows virus threat protection cant turn on

2. cant turn on virus and threat protection

3. virus and threat protection cant turn on

4. Turn on virus protection page not available,
  5. turn on windows virus and threat protection,
  6. cant turn off virus and threat protection?,
  7. cannot turn virus and threat protection on,
  8. problem turning on my Virus and Threat protection.,
  9. how to turn on virus and threat protection,
  10. cant open virus & threat protection,
  11. cant open virus threat protectipn,