Windows 10: I can't turn on Windows defender anti virus

Discus and support I can't turn on Windows defender anti virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My windows defender anti virus is offline and I am not able to turn it back on please help... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MatiY, Aug 27, 2020.

1. MatiY Win User

I can't turn on Windows defender anti virus

My windows defender anti virus is offline and I am not able to turn it back on please help

:)

MatiY, Aug 27, 2020

2. Anti Virus Problems

You should not be using more than one anti-vrus program on your computer. Read the
    IMPORTANT NOTE about not using more than one anti-virus program in this

topic

The inability to turn on Windows Defender 8/10 is typically the result of having a third-party anti-virus installed or failure to remove it properly (completely). Since Windows 8/10 Defender includes anti-virus protection, it is
    disabled during the installation of another anti-virus program. If a trial anti-virus (i.e. McAfee, Norton, etc) came
    preinstalled on your computer or you installed one, Windows Defender will be turned off (disabled). Windows Defender recognizes the install and automatically disables itself when other anti-virus products are used
    to avoid conflicts. Windows Defender will remain disabled until that anti-virus software has been completely uninstalled. In some cases, you may need to download and run the anti-virus vendor's clean up tool to remove any remaining
    remnants.

After removal of the third party anti-virus, Windows 8/10 Defender needs to be
    activated
    if you choose to use it. When uninstalling the third-party anti-virus Defender should automatically turn itself on but sometimes you may receive a message indicating
    your system has no protection...click here to turn on Windows Defender. If not, and Defender remains disabled, you will need to manually turn it on.

quietman7 - MVP, Aug 27, 2020
  3. How does Windows Defender compare, in quality, to other anti-virus?

Not a very sensible choice of wording, IMO... There's no One Size Fits All and we don't do any kind of polls/ratings here in MC.

Suggestion to educate yourself by doing some researches by using your favorite search engine.

You might want to read these articles:

Jsssssssss, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Smeed Win User

Smeed, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

1. I can't turn on Windows defender anti virus - Similar Threads - can't turn defender

2. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  3. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  4. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Defender Anti-Virus problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Anti-Virus problem: Defender had a message in notifications about a problem. When I clicked onto I get Defender opening and the following message.PAGE NOT AVAILABLE.Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available.Contact the...
  6. Microsofts Defender Anti-Virus

Microsofts Defender Anti-Virus: I have been using Malwarebytes for years. It seems like there is a conflict with it. It turned off my Windows Defender anti-virus. Malwarebytes is not an Anti-Virus Program...What Went Wrong?...
  7. Can't turn on Windows defender anti virus

Can't turn on Windows defender anti virus: I am not able to turn on Windows defender anti virus on my windows 10 also try to on and off defender but was not successful https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-windows-defender-anti-virus/e549353e-1fb7-414d-88ad-e551cdc5cfae
  8. I can't turn on Windows defender anti virus

I can't turn on Windows defender anti virus: I can't turn on Windows defender anti virus after the recent update in windows 10 please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-on-windows-defender-anti-virus/67dd7b01-fddd-4907-9a40-8cd2d2f2c949
  9. windows defender anti virus program

windows defender anti virus program: options are all greyed out, real time protection cannot be turned on how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-anti-virus-program/13538fbe-cb7e-4b24-9ce8-37f3e4a6eeac
  10. Turning on Defender anti-virus programs.

Turning on Defender anti-virus programs.: Yesterday I turned on my Laptop and noticed an issue with my Windows Anti-Virus. Defender was not on to protect me from a virus or other threats. In YELLOW type, under Virus & threat protection: it states your Virus & threat protection is managed by my organization. Where is...