Windows 10: I cant type a dot without slash appearing next to it

Discus and support I cant type a dot without slash appearing next to it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I press the dot on my keyboard, instead of a simple dot appearing i have this : ./ For some reason it doesnt happen everywhere, but it does it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xXA1exDriftzXx, Mar 8, 2021.

1. I cant type a dot without slash appearing next to it

When I press the dot on my keyboard, instead of a simple dot appearing i have this : ./

For some reason it doesnt happen everywhere, but it does it on word and chrome search. Same deal when pressing **** + slash, i get >?. I got a razer cynossa chroma, i checked everyhting in synapse and nothing is wrong. I even deleted the keyboard and reinstalled./

:)

xXA1exDriftzXx, Mar 8, 2021

2. Typing screen fills up with forward slashes

Whenever I open any program that include/s a typing window, I hear a soft ring, followed by the typing window filling up with forward slashes. ///////////////////////// If I do nothing, the slashes continue filling the area ad infinitum. ///////etc..
    What can I do to stop this?

mike.liebermike.lieber, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Cannot get Forward OR Backward Slash to work in Windows 10

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we are happy to help you.

You are not able use forward slash key and backward slash key on your keyboard

Could you answer few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the make and model of the keyboard?
    • Do you have problem with any other keys?

I would like you to use On screen keyboard and check.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key+W and type On Screen Key Board.
    • Select Turn on screen Key Board on or off.
    • Click on Start On Screen Key Board.
    A new key board window will open up. Try to use that and check if it works.

Post back us with results. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Mar 8, 2021
  4. PatfotoE Win User

I cant type a dot without slash appearing next to it

Windows 10 automatically typing slash (/)

I type a backslash for a web address into the browser and when I hit "enter" it changes my backslash to a forward slash. Whats up?

PatfotoE, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

I cant type a dot without slash appearing next to it

1. I cant type a dot without slash appearing next to it - Similar Threads - cant type dot

2. when I start to type automatically dots are typing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I start to type automatically dots are typing.: when I start to type automatically dots are typing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-start-to-type-automatically-dots-are-typing/2d00e3cd-3c27-41f9-9f6b-6e9816c7ade7
  3. when I start to type automatically dots are typing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I start to type automatically dots are typing.: when I start to type automatically dots are typing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-start-to-type-automatically-dots-are-typing/2d00e3cd-3c27-41f9-9f6b-6e9816c7ade7
  4. I want date format of slash type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want date format of slash type: I want date format of slash type https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-date-format-of-slash-type/1d664110-b717-40b9-9453-7494b54cff3d
  5. I want date format of slash type

I want date format of slash type: I want date format of slash type https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-date-format-of-slash-type/1d664110-b717-40b9-9453-7494b54cff3d
  6. Computer types Backward slash \ continously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer types Backward slash \ continously: I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop with Windows 11. All of a sudden , my system keeps typing \\\\... continously, stops at a certain point and toss again. This happens at all text entry fields including browser urls. I rqn McAfee anti-virus scan, malwarebytes anti malware scan and...
  7. Computer types Backward slash \ continously

Computer types Backward slash \ continously: I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop with Windows 11. All of a sudden , my system keeps typing \\\\... continously, stops at a certain point and toss again. This happens at all text entry fields including browser urls. I rqn McAfee anti-virus scan, malwarebytes anti malware scan and...
  8. Keyboard automaticaly type slash /

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard automaticaly type slash /: My laptop is Hasee X3 G1, upon updating to windows 10 pro, my keyboard suddenly type slash/ non stop. Sometimes I cant even logon to my account after restart. Can someone please help me fix this issue?...
  9. Cant type a period/dot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant type a period/dot: When im signing in or logging in to any account or typing in google or youtube i cant type a '.' . Im using my laptops keyboard on my laptop so no external devices and when i press the '.' button with shift it works so its not broken , so what can i do?...
  10. Slash types uncontrollably without touching it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slash types uncontrollably without touching it.: Hello, My daughter has been using my laptop Dell XPS 15 for school these last few weeks. One of the ongoing problems she's been having is bringing up a new tab in the web browser Firefox and the box suddenly starts populating a slash, she doesn't remember if it is a forward...