Windows 10: I can't type anything in windows search.

Discus and support I can't type anything in windows search. in Cortana to solve the problem; I can't type anything in windows search, or in file explorer, or in search in windows settings, I did sfc /scannow and also scan health and restore... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Ibrahim.00, Aug 9, 2021.

1. I can't type anything in windows search.

I can't type anything in windows search, or in file explorer, or in search in windows settings, I did sfc /scannow and also scan health and restore health and also updated to latest and also virus scan , I can type in browsers and in notepad and in wordpad, it happened as I installed windows 10 and then updated it after update completed it asked for restart and as I restarted got the problem with it, I created windows media creation tool from official site of microsoft and installed windows 10 in my borther's laptop now he is also having the same issue, his laptop is of acer company and mine i

:)

Ibrahim.00, Aug 9, 2021
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Aug 9, 2021
  3. Jen.Q Win User
    start typing to search

Hi PaulPChou,

I'm Jen a Microsoft customer like you and an Independent Advisor here to help. Here are the things that you can do to troubleshoot Windows search.

Restart Windows search service

- Press the Windows button and letter R

- Type Services.msc in the Run dialog box

- Scroll down from the list and locate Windows search

- Right-click on it and select Restart

- Restart the computer and check if Windows search is working

You can also check this article and perform the suggested troubleshooting steps. Do the troubleshooting steps one by one and check if it fixes the issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/452014...

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Jen

Jen.Q, Aug 9, 2021
  4. jbailey8 Win User

I can't type anything in windows search.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Aug 9, 2021
Thema:

I can't type anything in windows search.

1. I can't type anything in windows search. - Similar Threads - can't type anything

2. Search bar, can't type anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar, can't type anything: Hi, a couple weeks ago the search bar stopped working in windows windows 10 Pro. Cannot type anything. Search in windows explorer is also not working.I tried the troubleshooter and DISM tool without any success.Also tried a repair install with a usb media creation tooll...
  3. Search bar, can't type anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar, can't type anything: Hi, a couple weeks ago the search bar stopped working in windows windows 10 Pro. Cannot type anything. Search in windows explorer is also not working.I tried the troubleshooter and DISM tool without any success.Also tried a repair install with a usb media creation tooll...
  4. Search bar, can't type anything

in Cortana
  5. Can't open settings or type anything into search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open settings or type anything into search bar: Hello! I have a HUGEEEEEE problem because i can't use the search bar or the settings menu OR THE CONTROL PANEL, which i desperately need right now and if i can it just starts flickering like i'm vigorously scrolling down, i try to scroll up but it's just bottoming out by...
  6. I can't type anything in my search bar

in Cortana
    I can't type anything in my search bar: So recently I've had to reinstall windows on my computer because it crashed and I wasn't able to open it again. I did so by downloading the media creation tool on another computer making a recovery usb and reinstalling windows, admittedly it wasn't the cleanest recovery and I...
  7. Can't type anything in the file explorer search box.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't type anything in the file explorer search box.: Just that. I've tried resetting my notebook several times, but it didn't work. How do I fix this? Thanks. submitted by /u/CannedPeas_1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m1urbt/cant_type_anything_in_the_file_explorer_search_box/
  8. Can't type anything in the Windows search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type anything in the Windows search bar: For some reason, I'm not able to type anything in the Windows search bar. It either gets stuck whilst typing, or it just crashes. I've done the Windows troubleshooting for Search and Indexing, but unfortunately, that didn't help at all. Could anyone please guide me with...
  9. Can't type anything in File Explorer Search box

in Cortana
    Can't type anything in File Explorer Search box: Can't type anything in File Explorer Search box. Search box is greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-anything-in-file-explorer-search-box/b93f647a-cadc-4f4e-b7e2-fd1ac6c87e1c
  10. Can't type anything in the Windows 10 search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type anything in the Windows 10 search bar: I have tried to do the workaround fix posted in this community previously involving running pasting "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" in the search bar and running it, to get typing in the Windows search bar working again. This is related to the language bar apparently....