Windows 10: I Can't type in my Cortana Searchbox.... : *How can I rectify this?

Discus and support I Can't type in my Cortana Searchbox.... : *How can I rectify this? in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, for some reason I Cant type anything in My Cortana Searchbox.... : Can U tell me H-o-w to rectify this,please? Many thanks for your... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by tiredchrisNEWBIE, Dec 29, 2019.

1. I Can't type in my Cortana Searchbox.... : *How can I rectify this?

Hi,

for some reason I Cant type anything in My Cortana Searchbox.... :

Can U tell me H-o-w to rectify this,please?

Many thanks for your time/patience... :

Chris.

:)

tiredchrisNEWBIE, Dec 29, 2019

2. Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803

Still having no luck figuring out how to disable cortana, but leave searchbox on the taskbar enabled. Don't know what combination of things to disable/enable to make this happen I have been trying for awhile now. I have it now that cortana is disabled, but when creating a new user and clicking on start, the searchbox changes to the cortana symbol..weird.

datdereyeehaw, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Disable Web Search when I hit Windows Key to Search my Computer

Hi Larry,

To be able to disable the Web Search when using the searchbox, you need to turn off Cortana. The searchbox will now say "Search Windows" instead of "Ask me anything." It will be more responsive and only show results from your hard drive or local network. To
    do this, you can follow the steps below:

• Login to Windows 10 computer with your Microsoft account.
    • Click on Cortana search bar.
    • In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    • Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    • Then turn off Cortana option.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Dec 29, 2019
  4. I Can't type in my Cortana Searchbox.... : *How can I rectify this?

Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803

Hi,
    I'm Creating a new Windows 10 Pro v1803 Image. I need to be able to disable Cortana and web searching in the searchbox on the taskbar for all newly created users. My problem is when I have Cortana disabled, the searchbox reverts to the magnifying glass icon. I need it to show the searchbox and I need to remove web results from appearing when searching for things. I don't want to have to manually change the taskbar settings everytime I have a new user logging in. I have tried both local group policy and regedit. I have it working on HKCU on the current admin user account, but for some reason it doesn't apply to all users no matter what I try. Is this doable at the moment?
    I think I have tried all the guides on this website, I also have been looking for days. Any Help would be appreciated, thanks!

datdereyeehaw, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

I Can't type in my Cortana Searchbox.... : *How can I rectify this?

1. I Can't type in my Cortana Searchbox.... : *How can I rectify this? - Similar Threads - Can't type Cortana

2. how can i rectify this below i mean-'cmake' is not recognized as an internal or external...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i rectify this below i mean-'cmake' is not recognized as an internal or external...: how can i rectify this below i mean-'cmake' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Error[ATTACH]...
  3. H-o-w Do I make my "Cortana" searchbox work on my desktop?

H-o-w Do I make my "Cortana" searchbox work on my desktop?: Hi, I Can't type Anything in my "Cortana" searchbox on my computer, so therefore I Can't use it.... : H-o-w can I make it work again,like it did before,to find things? I'm mystified... : Many thanks, Chris...
  4. How can I TYPE commands for Cortana in Windows 10 desktop?

How can I TYPE commands for Cortana in Windows 10 desktop?: Since they split out Cortana from the "search" function (which I think was a horrible idea), apparently you can't type anymore. What if I want to type something for Cortana to do and I don't want anyone to hear me or hear a reply from Cortana? Just seems like an effort to...
  5. How do I type to Cortana?

in Cortana
    How do I type to Cortana?: Last night I got a Windows Update. Before that, when I brought up Cortana, she wanted me to type to her. I could click on something that let me talk to her. Now she wants me to talk to her. She also gives me an annoying "beep beep" sound. If I click on the left side on...
  6. Cortana only available as speech how can I type in a query

in Cortana
    Cortana only available as speech how can I type in a query: Cortana only available as speech how do I type in a query/question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-only-available-as-speech-how-can-i-type-in/107049a5-86f9-4823-9b6f-5d9b9225a7ae"
  7. Cannot connect to BazisVirtualCD.sys how can I rectify this problem ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot connect to BazisVirtualCD.sys how can I rectify this problem ?: Windows 10 Pro all latest updates installed. Cannot connect to BazisVirtualCD.sys how can I rectify this problem ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-bazisvirtualcdsys-how-can-i/8db3ec9f-4648-4ea0-8af7-e9c48aef31a9
  8. I can not learn cortana how i say hey cortana.

in Cortana
    I can not learn cortana how i say hey cortana.: If i go to cortana setings. And press "Learn how i say "Hey Cortana"". [ATTACH] Every thinks work pretty good but after i should say frst phrases it close and doesnt work. Normali cortana can hear me and do every think that i told her but when i want to learn her that it...
  9. How can I slence Cortana.

in Cortana
    How can I slence Cortana.: I want to be able to talk TO her, but not Hear her. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-slence-cortana/ecdada4b-074d-47e2-aa98-4d0e3d12313e"
  10. How can i disable cortana?

in Cortana
    How can i disable cortana?: I don't use cortana that much. Only windows search. How can i disable cortana..? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-cortana/abce115b-dd85-4eb7-81dc-7f2b22251a85"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i type to cortana

2. cannot type to cortana