Windows 10: I can't type in search bar and I can't get into setting

Discus and support I can't type in search bar and I can't get into setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I tried to search bar get Localbridge.exe bad image so I go to setting. It only appear blue screen with white gear which I click another program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IsawanCH, Feb 8, 2021.

1. IsawanCH Win User

I can't type in search bar and I can't get into setting

When I tried to search bar get Localbridge.exe bad image

so I go to setting. It only appear blue screen with white gear which I click another program it disappeared

Window os 18363

:)

IsawanCH, Feb 8, 2021

2. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 8, 2021
  3. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Feb 8, 2021
  4. birkhauer Win User

Can't Type inside the Search Bar (i can only type 1 letter and it will freeze and close the search bar)

Hello guys and search for a solution for this problem and its was the simple of things.

I don´t know why it works but try it and tell if it works for you guys too.

• Press Win + R (to open Run )
    • copy paste and press enter to run this program. "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe". it brings back the language bar and for me it allowed me to type in windows search, start menu and WINDOWS 10 apps again
    I think it is due to missing Language bar or some think like that.

Best regards.

birkhauer, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

1. I can't type in search bar and I can't get into setting - Similar Threads - can't type search

2. I can't type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't type in the search bar: Basically, I can't type in the search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-in-the-search-bar/5e37c092-f005-4948-8dd3-8f9dd7a05465
  3. I can't type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't type in the search bar: Basically, I can't type in the search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-in-the-search-bar/5e37c092-f005-4948-8dd3-8f9dd7a05465
  4. I can't type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't type in search bar

Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  6. Can't type in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in search bar: If I click on the search bar in the task bar, it briefly highlights - the cursor appears as if to allow me to begin typing, then the cursor disappears and the box is no longer highlighted. I cannot type into it.This is also true in the search bar of Windows Explorer, thus I...
  7. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in search bar: I am unable to type in the search bar of either File Explorer or desktop search. I had the problem with Windows 10 and hoped that upgrading to Windows 11 would fix it. That didn't help....
  8. Can't type in search bar

Can't type in search bar: I am unable to type in the search bar of either File Explorer or desktop search. I had the problem with Windows 10 and hoped that upgrading to Windows 11 would fix it. That didn't help....
  9. I can't type in windows search bar

in Cortana
    I can't type in windows search bar: "Peace on you" "السلام عليكم" My problem is that I can't type in search bar, also I noticed that when siginig into PC and try to enter password I can't show the PIN bar by letters and numbers and even pressing Enter button but I can show it by right-clicking on mouse or...
  10. I can't type on search bar

in Cortana
    I can't type on search bar: My search bar doesn't work. I cant write there anything When i turned on "Search and Indexing" troubleshooting, it shows "incorrect permissions on windows search directories" How to repair this?...