Windows 10: I can't type in the body of Mail

Discus and support I can't type in the body of Mail in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Home and Mail; I can't type in the body of Mail to compose an email message.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TomBridges1, Dec 15, 2018.

1. I can't type in the body of Mail

I am running Windows 10 Home and Mail; I can't type in the body of Mail to compose an email message.

:)

TomBridges1, Dec 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 Mail App can't type in body

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run App troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type ‘Troubleshooting’ in the search next to start.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on left side and select ‘Windows store Apps’.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method 2: I suggest you to follow below steps to run the power shell command for mail app issues.

• Open an Elevated Powershell prompt by pressing the Windows Key, typing Powershell, then pressing
      “Ctrl+Shift+Enter”.
    • Paste the following command into Powershell and execute it:
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Mail App can't type in body

Thanks for your suggestion... but none of this seems to work... In fact, it made things worse.

In first place, I searched "troubleshooting" but don't have the option Start or Windows Store App: please give me a link or a step by step guide to find this...

The Method... not only didn't fix anything, it uninstalled TV and Video App! (Nothing have to do with Mail app)...

Ludomatic-o, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

I can't type in the body of Mail

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. I can't type in the body of Mail :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

I can't type in the body of Mail

1. I can't type in the body of Mail - Similar Threads - can't type body

2. Can't type in body of new Mail or in reply to Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in body of new Mail or in reply to Mail: I have have a new Desktop NUC, running on O/S Win11, using Bigpond Account as my mail server in Australia.I am unable to reply to a inbox mail, or type in the main body of a new message, but my cursor works. I can type TO: and the Subject:Cookies and history have been...
  3. Can't type in body of new Mail or in reply to Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in body of new Mail or in reply to Mail: I have have a new Desktop NUC, running on O/S Win11, using Bigpond Account as my mail server in Australia.I am unable to reply to a inbox mail, or type in the main body of a new message, but my cursor works. I can type TO: and the Subject:Cookies and history have been...
  4. odd characters appear in body of g-mails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    odd characters appear in body of g-mails: I know its not a Windows problem but Gmail"s, but perhaps someone can send suggestions to fix it. Some emails I sent and are included in the reply received by me display a succession of odd charactersAE,AA,Af. etc. I have no idea what these characters indicate nor why they...
  5. Mail app not searching mail body

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app not searching mail body: Title says it all - I've experienced this for quite some time now. I can recreate it by highlighing the email I'm looking for then searching for a phrase inside the content of the emal ... search finds nothing. Is there a fix that isn't "use another mail app" ? submitted by...
  6. MS Mail Truncates Forwarded Email Body

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Mail Truncates Forwarded Email Body: MS Mail latest 16005.13228.41011.0; Windows 10 latest; Dell Inspiron 5591 all updates Some forwarded email is sent with no body or truncated body. There seems to be no common thread to these emails. Many settings say: " . . .cannot be applied to any of your accounts"....
  7. My e-mail body not showing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My e-mail body not showing.: My e-mail has suddenly stopped showing in the reading pane?? Any advice appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-e-mail-body-not-showing/f1c61070-1b5f-47a9-9f6b-a208c6e34ee5
  8. How to open a specific mail and match the content(body) of that mail if there are multiple...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to open a specific mail and match the content(body) of that mail if there are multiple...: [ATTACH] In above image there are many mails if I open one specific mail then the content should be matched .As in gmail or in outlook if u open a mail its content are shown not other mail content are shown....
  9. Paste into body of email on windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paste into body of email on windows 10 mail app: Hi Nothing happens when I CTRL-V text into the body of an email on my windows 10 mail app. It will paste into the subject line but not the body of the email. Nothing happens when I right click in the email i.e. no paste options. I am trying to copy text from Word. The...
  10. cannot type in body of document area

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot type in body of document area: Today I found this site and looking forward to better learn the Win 10. Santa brought me a new Lenova laptop for Christmas and I am finding things are quite different from my previous Win 7 software. I have been able to find my way around so far, but cannot figure this one...