Windows 10: i cant type in the windows search bar

Discus and support i cant type in the windows search bar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i've tried restarting the windows search service, tried to rebuild in the index and tried something in powershell but don't thin it worked correctly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lexahh, Jun 26, 2020.

1. /u/Lexahh Win User

i cant type in the windows search bar

i've tried restarting the windows search service, tried to rebuild in the index and tried something in powershell but don't thin it worked correctly, can anyone help?

submitted by /u/Lexahh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lexahh, Jun 26, 2020
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Can't type in Search bars or login bar in browser.

Hi,

This can be caused by corrupted system files. To help resolve the issue, we suggest following the steps provided by Abdul_Malik in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving the same issue. After doing so, try using
    the search bar and see if you can type anything on it.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Julie Ram Win User

can't type anthing in search bar

Hi,

Corrupted Windows components is one of the possible reasons why you were unable to type anything on your search bar. To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know more information. Kindly answer the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Were you able to type using other applications like Word, Notepad or Excel?

In the meantime, you may refer to the steps provided by Abdul_Malik posted on this
    thread.

Looking forward to your response.

Julie Ram, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. i cant type in the windows search bar - Similar Threads - cant type search

2. W10 search bar : cant' type in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 search bar : cant' type in: Hey there,Windows10 v22H2 updated.For 2 days I can't type in W10 search bar even though my keyboard is new. On the other hand when I type any search inside W10 settings or folder it works.I am the only user/admin of this PC.I ran :• chkdsk,• DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  3. W10 search bar : cant' type in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 search bar : cant' type in: Hey there,Windows10 v22H2 updated.For 2 days I can't type in W10 search bar even though my keyboard is new. On the other hand when I type any search inside W10 settings or folder it works.I am the only user/admin of this PC.I ran :• chkdsk,• DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  4. W10 search bar : cant' type in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I cant type in any search bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant type in any search bar: I have a MacBook pro-2017 13 inch boot camped to windows 10latest available version. The keyboard works fine when I'm in apple OS but in Windows I can't type in specific areas such as the search bar in the taskbar, the windows store search bar, sign in to Microsoft Store or...
  6. I cant type in any settings menus or in the windows search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant type in any settings menus or in the windows search bar: I cant type in the windows search bar or any windows setting menus. I watched a few videos on youtube and they didn't resolve the issue. How do I fix thos...
  7. Cant type in search bar

in Cortana
    Cant type in search bar: Hi guys, First of all sorry for my english and i hope you can help regarding to my search bar because i did all the method that i find on browser but sad say all those method is doesn't work.. Hopefully there is someone who can help me regarding to my problem...
  8. Help I cant use the search bar whenever I type something it does not type

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help I cant use the search bar whenever I type something it does not type: I have tried watching a video on YouTube too but it did not work submitted by /u/-_PEPSI-MAN_- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqumz5/help_i_cant_use_the_search_bar_whenever_i_type/
  9. Cant type anything in search bar

in Cortana
    Cant type anything in search bar: HEY im Reinout and i got a problem with the searchbar i cant type something in it yesterday i did a update but before that everything was ok but now i cant type something Hope someone nows something Regards Reinout...
  10. No audio, and cant type in windows search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No audio, and cant type in windows search bar: I have tried restarting the "searchui", "windows audio" and "windows search" services, didn't help. Also when I type there is sometimes spikes even though I have an high end computer. I could really use some help......