Windows 10: I can't type into Windows 10 search bar or type within start menu

Discus and support I can't type into Windows 10 search bar or type within start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So randomly, I can no longer type into the windows 10 search and when I bring up the start menu I cannot type in it to search for apps. I've search and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cahn2126, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Cahn2126 Win User

I can't type into Windows 10 search bar or type within start menu

So randomly, I can no longer type into the windows 10 search and when I bring up the start menu I cannot type in it to search for apps. I've search and tried a few things but still no luck. I attempted to do a system restore to a previous point in safe mode, but I run into an error saying system restore did not complete successfully. System restore failed to extract the original copy of the directory from the restore point. 0x800745b. I have used system restore in the past with no problems, so I don't understand why this is happening along with the start menu/search bar issues. Am I looking at have to reset this PC or fresh start?

:)

Cahn2126, Oct 23, 2019

2. Cannot type in Start Menu, Search Bar & WiFi Password

Hi

I cannot type in Windows Start Menu, Search Bar and even cannot type the WiFi Password. I tried the steps in the below link and it didn't work.

Can't type in Windows 10 search bar

Please help.

Thanks !!

Venkatesh Dhanaraj, Oct 23, 2019
  3. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Oct 23, 2019
  4. birkhauer Win User

Windows 10 64bit, can't type in search bar / start menu, tried powershell fix but didn't help

Hello guys and search for a solution for this problem and its was the simple of things.

I don´t know why it works but try it and tell if it works for you guys too.

• Press Win + R (to open Run )
    • copy paste and press enter to run this program. "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe". it brings back the language bar and for me it allowed me to type in windows search, start menu and WINDOWS 10 apps again
    I think it is due to missing Language bar or some think like that.

Best regards.

birkhauer, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

1. I can't type into Windows 10 search bar or type within start menu - Similar Threads - can't type search

2. Prevent "Type to Search" on Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Prevent "Type to Search" on Windows 10 Start Menu: Afternoon. I am struggling to find a way to disable the "type to search" feature on the windows 10 start menu. I have enabled various GPOs to prevent Cortana however the actual feature I want to stop is the ability for users to select start -> and type to search for local...
  3. Can't type in start menu?

Can't type in start menu?: After Windows automatically restart to install their amazing new update, I can no longer type in the start menu. I have tried nearly all fixes I have found online, including reinstalling Cortana and running ctfmon.exe, but none of it has worked. This issue only started when...
  4. I can't search for apps in my start menu typing with the keyboard.

I can't search for apps in my start menu typing with the keyboard.: submitted by /u/MicAnej [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0mmnw/i_cant_search_for_apps_in_my_start_menu_typing/
  5. I can't type on search bar

in Cortana
    I can't type on search bar: My search bar doesn't work. I cant write there anything When i turned on "Search and Indexing" troubleshooting, it shows "incorrect permissions on windows search directories" How to repair this?...
  6. problem with my start/search bar on Windows. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    problem with my start/search bar on Windows. Can't type in search bar: Hello, I am on Windows 10. I got on my computer this morning and noticed I had an issue with my window search bar. Whenever I click in the bottom left search, I got a popup that says Undo and Paste. It's almost as if I was right clicking. If I click the start button I also...
  7. Type here to search Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Type here to search Bar: Since the latest Windows update the search bar has changed. I would like to know how to change this as I do not like the new feature See screen Print attached It would be appreciated if someone could kindly assist me in resolving this issue 135487
  8. Type hre to search Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Type hre to search Bar: Since the latest Windows update the search bar has changed. I would like to know how to change this as I do not like the new feature See screen Print attached It would be appreciated if someone could kindly assist me in resolving this issue 135487
  9. Can't type in Windows 10 search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in Windows 10 search bar: After I updated to Windows 10 the search box on the taskbar was working. A few days later I discovered that I couldn't search anything from this box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-in-windows-10-search-bar/04eb6c32-fadf-40ca-8e1a-3742010e70a3"
  10. Start menu typing search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu typing search doesn't work: I thought I could just type "rege" and get Regedit result right away. No. I need to type the whole name. What's going on? The Windows Search service is running. I disabled Cortana, but that shouldn't matter, should it? 112057

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant type in start menu or search window

2. cannot type into windows10 search bar

3. windows type here to search cannot type

4. windows 10 cant type into search bar