Windows 10: I can't type on startup

Discus and support I can't type on startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I start my computer I can't type in my password because Windows thinks I'm holding down a key or keys. This problem also starts to happen whenever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JelaniJones, Sep 5, 2018.

1. I can't type on startup

When I start my computer I can't type in my password because Windows thinks I'm holding down a key or keys. This problem also starts to happen whenever I'm playing games. Does anyone know what it could be or how I could fix it? Holding the power button and then turning my PC back on is a temporary fix for any time I run into the problem, but it just ends up happening again.=

:)

JelaniJones, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 5, 2018
  3. pigulici Win User
    Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

"
    Fast startup is a feature in Windows that helps your computer start faster. You can use the following steps to enable or disable fast startup.

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes."

pigulici, Sep 5, 2018
  4. jmcslob Win User

I can't type on startup

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool I can't type on startup :cool:

jmcslob, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

I can't type on startup

1. I can't type on startup - Similar Threads - can't type startup

2. I can't type a question in this forum

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't type a question in this forum: I can write about 2 lines then it won't let me continue although I see others who have written several lines in a question. What is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-a-question-in-this-forum/d0b239a7-98b0-4679-9b7d-d401e658dd71
  3. I can't type the @ symbol.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't type the @ symbol.: Setup:Desktop using Keyboard Logitech K120 English United States Spanish Keyboard.Windows 10 20H2 64bits Intel I7 8GB RAMWindows language: English United States. Keyboard language: Spanish KeyboardWindows Update history:Last: Successfully installed on 5/13/2021- 2021-03...
  4. I can't type in windows search

in Cortana
    I can't type in windows search: Ok so just today I tried booting up my computer and got a blue screen, and had to try to repair it myself. After trying a system restore, it didnt work, but seemingly what did work was undoing an update. I'm back into my computer, but I cant type in the windows search on my...
  5. The mpssvc service is in the disabled startup type and I can't change it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The mpssvc service is in the disabled startup type and I can't change it: I somehow set the mpssvc service's startup type to disabled, but now I want it back on. The problem is, I can not set it back to auto, no matter I do. Screenshots attached. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  6. I can't type in windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't type in windows: Hi, i reinstalled windows 10 and now i can't type in windows, if i open chrome or a text document i can type, but if i try to use search it won't type. Can someone help me? submitted by /u/BigCHUNGUS_S8Y14 [link] [comments]...
  7. I can't sign in for startup

I can't sign in for startup: I can't open my account. It has been changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-for-startup/8f507b56-c1eb-4df1-a89e-0c43e2a273e8
  8. I am unable to change startup type in services

I am unable to change startup type in services: A setting changed somewhere. I can no longer change startup type in services. If I run services with administrator rights I get an error 5 when I try to change Windows Defender Update from manual to automatic. I had changed this to manual in error. Now everyday I get a...
  9. I can't type on search bar

in Cortana
    I can't type on search bar: My search bar doesn't work. I cant write there anything When i turned on "Search and Indexing" troubleshooting, it shows "incorrect permissions on windows search directories" How to repair this?...
  10. I can't type in the body of Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't type in the body of Mail: I am running Windows 10 Home and Mail; I can't type in the body of Mail to compose an email message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-in-the-body-of-mail/29136370-47be-4e20-9f0e-9cc27261372f