Windows 10: I cant type the number seven on my keyboard

Discus and support I cant type the number seven on my keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I try to type the number "seven" on my keyboard, it doesnt work. The only time the number registers is when i am putting in my pin to unlock my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dylan.ty, Feb 19, 2022.

1. dylan.ty Win User

I cant type the number seven on my keyboard

When I try to type the number "seven" on my keyboard, it doesnt work. The only time the number registers is when i am putting in my pin to unlock my computer. All of my number keys work but the number seven. I have tried multiple different keyboards and have the same problem on all of them. I have also checked drivers and they are all up to date. Does anyone have a fix for this?

:)

dylan.ty, Feb 19, 2022

2. number two stuck on keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue might be happening because of the faulty device.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    3. What is the make and model number of the device?
    4. Is this issue happening on Laptop or desktop keyboard?
    5. Which Operating system is installed on your device?

Step 1: If the issue is causing with the faulty driver, run the Hardware Troubleshooter

1. Click on Start.
    2. Search for Troubleshoot and click on it.
    3. Click on Keyboard and Run the troubleshooter.
    You may also refer the article to
    fix issues related to keyboard in Windows

Step 2: You can also try with “Onscreen keyboard” to check the working of numeric key.

1. Open run command (Windows and R key), type in
      OSK.

2. Use the numeric 2 and check the status.
    If the issue is only with the specific numeric key (Number 2), I suggest you to check with the manufacturer for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 19, 2022
  3. Number pad that comes with Sculpt wireless keyboard.

Hi,

This problem may occur due to an outdated or corrupted device driver. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is the number pad device visible on Device Manager?
    • Is the wireless keyboard working on your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article
    . It contains information and basic troubleshooting steps regarding keyboard problems in Windows.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Feb 19, 2022
  4. Darshan J Win User

When numlock is on, my desktop keyboard types numbers instead of letters

Hello Vicky,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    This issue might occur if function key in the keyboard is enabled. So as an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the function key in the key board and make sure that it is not enabled.

If the issue still persists you can run Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Suggest you to follow the steps below and run the
    Hardware and Device
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next" button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Feb 19, 2022
Thema:

1. I cant type the number seven on my keyboard - Similar Threads - cant type number

2. I cant get my number pad on my keyboard to type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant get my number pad on my keyboard to type: I can use my keyboard but can only access the numbers at top of letters not on the numbers pad at side of keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-my-number-pad-on-my-keyboard-to-type/f6193b48-4114-4a86-adfd-c89a594527db
  3. I cant get my number pad on my keyboard to type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant get my number pad on my keyboard to type: I can use my keyboard but can only access the numbers at top of letters not on the numbers pad at side of keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-my-number-pad-on-my-keyboard-to-type/f6193b48-4114-4a86-adfd-c89a594527db
  4. I cant get my number pad on my keyboard to type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. number seven on 65% keyboards have stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    number seven on 65% keyboards have stopped working: my number seven has suddenly stopped working i have tried multiple keyboards and wires and have looked at multiple guides on how to fix it nothing has worked could anyone give any advice on how to get it working again , also weirdly when putting in my pc pin it works just...
  6. number seven on 65% keyboards have stopped working

number seven on 65% keyboards have stopped working: my number seven has suddenly stopped working i have tried multiple keyboards and wires and have looked at multiple guides on how to fix it nothing has worked could anyone give any advice on how to get it working again , also weirdly when putting in my pc pin it works just...
  7. I cant type the number seven on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant type the number seven on my keyboard: When I try to type the number "seven" on my keyboard, it doesnt work. The only time the number registers is when i am putting in my pin to unlock my computer. All of my number keys work but the number seven. I have tried multiple different keyboards and have the same problem...
  8. I cant type the number seven on my keyboard

I cant type the number seven on my keyboard: When I try to type the number "seven" on my keyboard, it doesnt work. The only time the number registers is when i am putting in my pin to unlock my computer. All of my number keys work but the number seven. I have tried multiple different keyboards and have the same problem...
  9. Im trying to log into my pc but i cant as the keyboard wont type, it only types numbers,...

Im trying to log into my pc but i cant as the keyboard wont type, it only types numbers,...: Ive been restarting the pc, shutting it down but nothings working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-log-into-my-pc-but-i-cant-as-the/d5f68079-f7c7-4e6d-a7e0-1197198cd26f
  10. Keyboard wont type numbers OR will only type numbers

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard wont type numbers OR will only type numbers: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Usually, numbers keys are present on two spots on a keyboard. One is at the number pad and the other of above the letters. You might face an issue where your laptop keyboard won’t type numbers. This could be with [...] This post Keyboard wont type numbers OR...