Windows 10: I can't type “<” with my Hungarian layout

Discus and support I can't type “<” with my Hungarian layout in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use the Hungarian layout QWERTZ, and on that layout, if I press "Altgr+M" it should type a "<" sign. Every single key combination works, other than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zedespook, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Zedespook Win User

I can't type “<” with my Hungarian layout

I use the Hungarian layout QWERTZ, and on that layout, if I press "Altgr+M" it should type a "<" sign. Every single key combination works, other than this. Can somebody help me out.

• I have the Hungarian HU QWERTZ layout, and it's set by default to that.
    • I have no other layouts installed.
    • My layout is set to it for sure.

:)

Zedespook, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

If I type shift+2 it displays " and when I type shift+" it displays @ its reversed how to fix it

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

This issue may occur if you have installed language pack more than 1 or 2 in your system, I suggest you to check the language settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Open the Start menu and select "Settings

• Select "Time & language

• Select "Region & language

• Set your preferred default language

• Click your language

• Click the "Options" button.

• Remove any keyboard layouts you don't want to use.

• Add your desired layout if it isn't listed and check if it helps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Jun 6, 2020
  4. I can't type “<” with my Hungarian layout

Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

I can't type “<” with my Hungarian layout

1. I can't type “<” with my Hungarian layout - Similar Threads - can't type “<”

2. I can't type "@" on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't type "@" on my keyboard: When i turned screen keyboard on I noticed keys format are different than common keyboard. Help me solve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-on-my-keyboard/00134582-d83a-4208-bae2-0e095858c75b
  3. I can't type "@" on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't type "@" on my keyboard: When i turned screen keyboard on I noticed keys format are different than common keyboard. Help me solve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-on-my-keyboard/00134582-d83a-4208-bae2-0e095858c75b
  4. I can't type on my keyboard to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't type on my keyboard to login: When I turn on my PC I can't type any letters on my keyboard, but the numbers work fine. Iv'e already tried using different ports and even bought a new keyboard, but the same problem keeps happening. I even tried to use the on screen keyboard to login, but the same problem...
  5. I can't type on my keyboard to login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't type on my keyboard to login: When I turn on my PC I can't type any letters on my keyboard, but the numbers work fine. Iv'e already tried using different ports and even bought a new keyboard, but the same problem keeps happening. I even tried to use the on screen keyboard to login, but the same problem...
  6. I can't type in my pin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't type in my pin: I'm trying to change my account type to to administratorI can't access the admin account and need to type in my pin but I have to option to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-type-in-my-pin/f4495d37-9a4e-4f56-b771-a4387eacc4f3
  7. I can't delete keyboard layouts!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't delete keyboard layouts!: Hello, I have a custom layout but I have a problem... My problem is that there are two keyboard layouts on windows that will not go away... I've tried everything (even the registry edit method) It's a pain because of my particular layout... See the images attached here......
  8. I can't remove a layout keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't remove a layout keyboard: Hi all, I have installed Windows 10 pro "English US" as regional setting except keyboard layout that is set to Italian because I have a keyboard with italian layout. When I press Shift + CTRL my system switch to "US layout". I have tried to remove it but i can't find it. In...
  9. US keyboard layout, can't type left square bracket

in Windows 10 Customization
    US keyboard layout, can't type left square bracket: Hi, so i came upon an issue when i got my new keyboard with a US layout. I am from Denmark and have been using a danish layout up until now. After switching to the US layout i cannot use the dedicated left square bracket key to type left square bracket. I can hold down shift...
  10. how to change to us keyboard layout through console? can't type backslash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to change to us keyboard layout through console? can't type backslash: Hello, latest update broke the pc. I want to remove the latest update through console, because it keeps restarting by itself. But I can't type backslash, it shows as # . Keyboard combinations don't work either.. Can I change the keyboard layout to us from console?...