Windows 10: I can't uninstall a program because "You require permission from Administrators to make...

Discus and support I can't uninstall a program because "You require permission from Administrators to make... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The following steps I have tried: 1Through properties->securityAs a User I don't have full control ticked - > Advanced - > Change - > I type in my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SuyashSingh101, Jul 28, 2020.

1. I can't uninstall a program because "You require permission from Administrators to make...

The following steps I have tried:

1Through properties->securityAs a User I don't have full control ticked - > Advanced - > Change - > I type in my user name with Check Names and click OK - > Tick "Replace owner on subcontainers" and Click Apply

Error occurs "Failed to enumerate objects in the container"

2 I didn't have a administrator account, so through the command prompt

I typed Net User Administrator /active:yes

To see if I gained administrator access I type

net user and Administrator comes written in front of my username. So, the step was successful. However, still after this I wasn't able to delete the file.

3 I deactivated User Access Control all together to see if that would make a difference. So, I did the following steps... Opened Registry Editor and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Change EnableLUA to 0

Restart computer.

:)

SuyashSingh101, Jul 28, 2020
  2. mibaup Win User

Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission

Hello,
    I try to completely delete a folder from C:\Program Files (x86), after I uninstalled the program it contained, but I get this message:
    "You require permission from administrators to make changes to this folder"
    But I am the administrator, no?
    Thanks I can't uninstall a program because "You require permission from Administrators to make... :)

mibaup, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Unable to delete a particular folder. Error: "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder."

Windows Edition 10 Version 1809, OS build 18272.1000

After installing the latest creators update I have the following issue. When using Explorer to delete a folder that is not empty I always get this issue: "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder." It doesn't matter
    if I just created it or not. I can remove the folder just fine using rmdir <folder> /s /q.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Using explorer create the folder c:\users\rob\a\b\c.
    2. Using explorer try to delete folder c:\users\rob\a.
      1. It fails with "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder."
    3. Using explorer delete the folder c:\users\rob\a\b\c -works just fine
    4. Using explorer delete the folder c:\users\rob\a\b -works just fine
    5. Using explorer delete the folder c:\users\rob\a -works just fine.

This will also reproduce the issue

1. mkdir c:\users\rob\a
    2. mkdir c:\users\rob\a\b
    3. mkdir c:\users\rob\a\b\c
    4. Using explorer try to delete folder c:\users\rob\a.
      1. It fails with "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder."

This is a new behavior and is causing some build tools to fail.

Thanks,

Rob

***Title modified from Windows Explorer Permissions Isuse***

Rob.Kreger, Jul 28, 2020
  4. I can't uninstall a program because "You require permission from Administrators to make...

Deleting a file that requires permission from Administrator

I'm trying to delete a file that keeps telling me I need permission to perform this action. I require permission from Administrators to make changes to this file.

Now if I look under User Accounts on the control panel there is only ONE account listed: mine as administrator.

However, under the properies window for the file there are three:

SYSTEM

Administrators (DJ Hernandez\Administrators)

Users (DJ Hernandez\Users)

The first two are listed as Full control on the Permissions tab of the Advanced Security Settings for the file. The Users is listed as Read. All three under Inherited From have C:\Program Data\Avg\Antivirus\

Is there any way that will allow me to get rid of this file? This belongs to a program that I have deleted using the Control Panel but it still shows up in the program listing under Programs and Features of the Control Panel.

Wild Child, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

I can't uninstall a program because "You require permission from Administrators to make...

1. I can't uninstall a program because "You require permission from Administrators to make... - Similar Threads - can't uninstall program

2. You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder: I tried to delete Old windows folder from C drive and it shows You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-require-permission-from-administrators-to-make/c87727ee-59b0-4538-97d5-a486893d19c7
  3. You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder: I tried to delete Old windows folder from C drive and it shows You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-require-permission-from-administrators-to-make/c87727ee-59b0-4538-97d5-a486893d19c7
  4. You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. You Require Permission From Administrators to Make Changes to This Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. You require permission from administrators to make changes to this folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You require permission from administrators to make changes to this folder: Hello, I am trying to delete a file, but it gives me the notification, "You require permission from administrators to make changes to this folder", but I am the administrator. How do I give myself permission to delete this file?...
  8. You require permission from administrators to make changes to this folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You require permission from administrators to make changes to this folder: Hello, I am trying to delete a file, but it gives me the notification, "You require permission from administrators to make changes to this folder", but I am the administrator. How do I give myself permission to delete this file?...
  9. you require permissions from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this

in Windows 10 Support
    you require permissions from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this: I have recently formatted my system. I had copied the items of C:\Windows\WinSxS from my previous install in a USB drive and then formatted the laptop. Then re installed windows and copied the contents of USB drive back to C:\Windows\WinSxS however I notice the boot time has...
  10. require permission from Administrators

in Windows 10 Support
    require permission from Administrators: Hi, There's two file I want to copy. But I get this : "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this file". I'm the administrator! So what can I do ? 61571