Windows 10: I can't uninstall an app!

Discus and support I can't uninstall an app! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My younger brother tried downloading "Fortnite" on my laptop and downloaded "Epic Games Launcher" and I tried uninstalling it but it just says that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Te MatatuWhauwhau, Oct 2, 2018.

1. I can't uninstall an app!

My younger brother tried downloading "Fortnite" on my laptop and downloaded "Epic Games Launcher" and I tried uninstalling it but it just says that it is running and the Setup Wizard cannot continue. I have looked all over my laptop and it is not open anywhere. I do not know what to do.

:)

Te MatatuWhauwhau, Oct 2, 2018

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused I can't uninstall an app! :confused:

oli_ramsay, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Arnie Est Win User
    how to uninstall Apps

Hi,

About your concern, you can uninstall apps by following the steps bellow:

• From your home screen, swipe left to go to apps list.
    • Look for the apps that you want to uninstall.
    • Press and hold the app then tap uninstall.
    Please note that built in apps can't be uninstalled or removed from the phone.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Arnie Est, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

I can't uninstall an app!

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10  

Hello Geoff, I can't uninstall an app! :)

Q1) If it's a built-in app, then the user can restore the app using that tutorial only if the app was uninstalled for their account and not for all users. Being able to restore an app that was uninstalled for all users using the PowerShell command is currently broken in Windows, and break all built-in apps if used. The only way to restore them then is to do a repair install.

Q2) That's correct. If a built-in app is not listed in under step 3 in OPTION TWO, then it can't and be uninstalled. Those would be apps that are used by Windows, and shouldn't be uninstalled. For example, Microsoft Edge.

Q3) I haven't tied it to know, but I would assume that to be so.

Brink, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

I can't uninstall an app!

1. I can't uninstall an app! - Similar Threads - can't uninstall app

2. I can't uninstall an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't uninstall an app: HI!I need to free some space from my C Disk. When trying to uninstall some apps I have this one that I can't uninstall and says its size is 2.54TB. It's really bothering me and I was wondering if it's afecting my PC performance.Thanks!...
  3. I can't uninstall an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't uninstall an app: HI!I need to free some space from my C Disk. When trying to uninstall some apps I have this one that I can't uninstall and says its size is 2.54TB. It's really bothering me and I was wondering if it's afecting my PC performance.Thanks!...
  4. I can't uninstall an app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't uninstall apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't uninstall apps: Sorry for the choppy info I don't know much about computers but im having some trouble. I'm running windows 11 and i recently went to uninstall discord but each time I do, i'm met with this prompt. This happens when i Windows+R and try to run %appdata% as well....
  6. Can't uninstall apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall apps: Sorry for the choppy info I don't know much about computers but im having some trouble. I'm running windows 11 and i recently went to uninstall discord but each time I do, i'm met with this prompt. This happens when i Windows+R and try to run %appdata% as well....
  7. I Uninstalled A App, Now I Can't Reinstall It

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I Uninstalled A App, Now I Can't Reinstall It: So I was working on a art project, when the app just froze so I uninstalled it. Whenever I try and reinstall it it says "You Own This App", when I clearly don't. I deleted it. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, it has happened to many other apps even...
  8. uninstalling an app I can't find.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uninstalling an app I can't find.: HelloI want to uninstall the Tombola bingo app but it's not listed in the control pane' or in apps and features. I simply can' find it. I'm not terribly computer savvy so any help would be appreciated....
  9. I can't fully uninstall this app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't fully uninstall this app: I was recently having problems with nordvpn so I decided to install and uninstall again to see if it would fix the problem.I couldn't understand all that so I killed all of the processes related to nordvpn and then I was able to uninstall. when I tried to download it again it...
  10. Can't Uninstall An App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Uninstall An App: Amazon has a downloadable app called Kindle Create. No matter how many times I uninstall it, it won't install. I know this because I test it. I enter "Kindle Create" in the search bar and it shows up. How do I get rid of it?...