Windows 10: I can't uninstall games from the Xbox PC app

Discus and support I can't uninstall games from the Xbox PC app in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, as the title says. I tried this on both my new builds and sure enough, both affected. I installed multiple games from the Xbox gamepass PC app.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MikeDaDonLegacy, Dec 28, 2021.

1. I can't uninstall games from the Xbox PC app

Hello, as the title says. I tried this on both my new builds and sure enough, both affected. I installed multiple games from the Xbox gamepass PC app. I was looking to make room for different games, as I'm uninstalling games from the xbox app I'm watching my storage and it remains the same. So I delete a few more Xbox games, nothing clears still using the same space. At this point I've uninstalled all the games from the xbox app and I still have 0 free room on my Cdrive. At this point I'm very confused so I go to steam, try uninstalling a game and it works first try, so I go to EA origin app,

:)

MikeDaDonLegacy, Dec 28, 2021

2. Xbox PC App Error

We appreciate your response and cooperation regarding this matter. Based on your reply, it appears that you need to enable the Xbox services to ensure that the app is up and running. You may follow the steps below to enable Xbox Live services:

• Press the Start button and type Services on the search box.
    • On the list of services, look for Xbox Live Auth Manager,
      Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.

The next steps should be done to the three mentioned services above:

• Right click on the service and select Properties.
    • Set the Startup type to Automatic. If the service isn't started, click
      Start.
    • Save the changes.
    • Launch the Xbox App and sign in to your account again.

Let us know if you are able to sign in after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Dec 28, 2021
  3. Cannot open Xbox App game bar

Hi Jamie,

Issues with saving your video clips or using the Game bar on Windows 10 are possibly caused by an outdated Xbox app or a corrupted folder on Windows Explorer. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you move your saved video clips to another folder within
    the PC. The next saved videos will automatically go to the new folder.

If the issue persists, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache. Then, uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to manually update it by following the steps below:

To reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

To update the Xbox App:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage  
    • Hit Enter.  
    • Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.  

You can also sign in to another use to isolate if there is an issue with your profile.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

4. I can't uninstall games from the Xbox PC app

Want to UNINSTALL XBox

Hi Kristi,

Xbox App is one of the built-in applications on Windows 10. To uninstall it from your computer, you have to perform the following steps using the Windows PowerShell:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    •  Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.  

If you are unable to uninstall the app, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache and try to uninstall the Xbox app again.

Here's how to reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Thema:

I can't uninstall games from the Xbox PC app

1. I can't uninstall games from the Xbox PC app - Similar Threads - can't uninstall games

2. I can't play games from Xbox app on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't play games from Xbox app on pc: Hi, mi name is Nicolás. I've a big problem with the Xbox app. I tried to play games pero I just can play Minecraft and EA games. The other games from game passa don't work. Also I tried to reinstall game services and the Xbox app but the same problem happens...
  3. I can't play games from Xbox app on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't play games from Xbox app on pc: Hi, mi name is Nicolás. I've a big problem with the Xbox app. I tried to play games pero I just can play Minecraft and EA games. The other games from game passa don't work. Also I tried to reinstall game services and the Xbox app but the same problem happens...
  4. I can't uninstall games from the Xbox PC app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't uninstall games from the Xbox PC app: Hello, as the title says. I tried this on both my new builds and sure enough, both affected. I installed multiple games from the Xbox gamepass PC app. I was looking to make room for different games, as I'm uninstalling games from the xbox app I'm watching my storage and it...
  5. I can't uninstall games from the Xbox PC app

I can't uninstall games from the Xbox PC app: Hello, as the title says. I tried this on both my new builds and sure enough, both affected. I installed multiple games from the Xbox gamepass PC app. I was looking to make room for different games, as I'm uninstalling games from the xbox app I'm watching my storage and it...
  6. Can't launch any game from xbox pc app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't launch any game from xbox pc app: Every time I try to launch a game I get this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-launch-any-game-from-xbox-pc-app/b2988e4b-13a9-4e89-8a6a-08d2b24700e3
  7. Can't launch any game from xbox pc app

Can't launch any game from xbox pc app: Every time I try to launch a game I get this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-launch-any-game-from-xbox-pc-app/b2988e4b-13a9-4e89-8a6a-08d2b24700e3
  8. Xbox PC app wont uninstall games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox PC app wont uninstall games?: I got gamepass and its given me nothing but headaches, Games get stuck downloading and uninstalling, vanishing onto my drives with no way of deleting them.I try to uninstall a game after no luck of it launching Control and it just stays stuck on UNINSTALLING.Now ive lost 60...
  9. Can't uninstall games on the XBOX games app for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall games on the XBOX games app for Windows 10: Like many others, I've got the Xbox game pass for PC, and downloaded some games. After trying out, I've got an error during the uninstall of these games, namely at the moment Wolfenstein Young Blood and Age of Empires III. By clicking the uninstall button on the app, it...
  10. Xbox Gamepass games not uninstalling from PC ?

Xbox Gamepass games not uninstalling from PC ?: Hello, I recently encountered a problem where while downloading/installing a game via PC Gamepass app, my PC froze and had to restart, game was at 25 GB from 96, since then when I acces microsoft store or gamepass app the game appears not installed and I have only the...