Windows 10: I can't uninstall Microsoft News

Discus and support I can't uninstall Microsoft News in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all - somehow (I must have clicked on something) I now have Microsoft News in my taskbar and want to get rid of it because it's in my way. Just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kmetzger, Jun 18, 2021.

1. kmetzger Win User

I can't uninstall Microsoft News

Hello all - somehow (I must have clicked on something) I now have Microsoft News in my taskbar and want to get rid of it because it's in my way. Just passing my cursor past it causes the big page to block what I'm doing. I've searched for ways to uninstall MS News app but it doesn't show up in my programs. Help appreciated.

kmetzger, Jun 18, 2021

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused I can't uninstall Microsoft News :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jun 18, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jun 18, 2021
  4. I can't uninstall Microsoft News

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

I can't uninstall Microsoft News

1. I can't uninstall Microsoft News - Similar Threads - can't uninstall Microsoft

2. uninstall widget news

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uninstall widget news: Hello, How to uninstall / remove widget news thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-widget-news/52454689-d916-417a-b8ae-b20a2cdcd99b
  3. uninstall widget news

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uninstall widget news: Hello, How to uninstall / remove widget news thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-widget-news/52454689-d916-417a-b8ae-b20a2cdcd99b
  4. Microsoft News

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft News: MS News will not reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news/0786e395-0b9d-48b1-b5f0-26dea98c7456
  5. UNINSTALL all of Microsoft FEEDS news and feeds parts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNINSTALL all of Microsoft FEEDS news and feeds parts: Windows 10Version 21H1OSBuild : 19042.1706I keep seeing FEEDS appear in my task manager. I have disabled ALL the functions for FEEDSWhat is the command line powershell or dos to REMOVE all of FEEDS so it can never run again.I don't ever want to see it load, I don't ever want...
  6. UNINSTALL all of Microsoft FEEDS news and feeds parts

UNINSTALL all of Microsoft FEEDS news and feeds parts: Windows 10Version 21H1OSBuild : 19042.1706I keep seeing FEEDS appear in my task manager. I have disabled ALL the functions for FEEDSWhat is the command line powershell or dos to REMOVE all of FEEDS so it can never run again.I don't ever want to see it load, I don't ever want...
  7. UNINSTALL all of Microsoft FEEDS news and feeds parts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Unable to Update, Reset, or Uninstall Microsoft News

Unable to Update, Reset, or Uninstall Microsoft News: Hello, today I logged into my Bootcamp partition on my MacBook Pro. I opened the MS Store to update my apps and checked for Windows updates. A fair number of apps from the Store updated and installed successfully but then noticed that the Microsoft News app was stuck at...
  9. Microsoft News

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft News: Microsoft news loads approx. a page, much less than it used too. The rotating symbolat the bottom of the page suggests it is trying to load more but never succeeds! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news/55671454-67b5-4261-bd3c-a0955d567be0"
  10. How to uninstall Microsoft News App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Microsoft News App in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Every day is an essential part of everyone’s life. If you always use a Windows 10 laptop or desktop, Microsoft News is an excellent source of daily news and the breaking news which needs your attention. However, as always, many [...] This post How to...