Windows 10: I can't unlink my deleted professional account from Windows apps

Discus and support I can't unlink my deleted professional account from Windows apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using a my brother's old laptop and Windows is linked primarily to his accounts in the Accounts used by email, calendar and contacts section.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ximena Del Rosario, Oct 27, 2020.

1. I can't unlink my deleted professional account from Windows apps

Hi, I'm using a my brother's old laptop and Windows is linked primarily to his accounts in the Accounts used by email, calendar and contacts section.

However under the section "accounts used by other apps" rough translation from spanish here, there's his account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and my professional account xxxx@COMPANY.xxx.pe. To unlink, I'm supposed to click on "Manage" Administrar according to some instructions I found online, the problem is that I must sign in that account to continue and effectively unlink my account, but this account has already been deleted by the IT team in the company, since it's been two weeks since I left that job.

This is a problem since all my windows desktop apps word, excel, teams etc keep suggesting me to sign in that account, and for eg. i can't use my personal account on the teams desktop app.

Please help me out!

:)

Ximena Del Rosario, Oct 27, 2020

2. unlink email accounts

Hi, There are several methods or steps we can utilize to achieve your objective of unlinking your emails account with removing them. Before proceed with the different steps available, we need to further clarify on what applications or where on Windows
    10 you would like to unlink the email accounts. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The email account you wanted to unlink, is this a Microsoft account, an Outlook.com account or a third party email account?
    • Where are you attempting to unlink your email account, is it on an email client you have on your desktop computer?
    • If you are using an email client, are you using the Outlook desktop application or a third party email client?
    • Are you pertaining to unlinking your email account from Windows 10 as a sign in option?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Deleting a Microsoft account

Sure thing, you can just "unlink" it, here's how:

• Go to Settings app, choose Accounts
    • Click "Sign in with a local account instead" and finish out the steps

That's all there is to it I can't unlink my deleted professional account from Windows apps :)

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 27, 2020
  4. Munifex Win User

I can't unlink my deleted professional account from Windows apps

How to unlink Email Accounts in Win 10 Mail App

To unlink linked accounts:-

• In Mail App. Select Hamburger or 'All Accounts' icon to display account list.
    • Right click on the name of the account to unlink, ('linked inbox' by default), & select 'Account Settings'
    • Under 'Manage Accounts' select (Left click) the name of the linked inbox. 'Settings for linked inbox' will open.
    • Select 'Unlink inboxes' .
    Hope it helps.

Munifex, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

I can't unlink my deleted professional account from Windows apps

1. I can't unlink my deleted professional account from Windows apps - Similar Threads - can't unlink deleted

2. Unlinking my accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlinking my accounts: How can I unlink my PC and my laptop? My PC is under an email as my laptop was under a different email. Today I decided to do a factory reset on an old laptop and when I signed in, I accidentally used my email that was under my PC leading to both my PC and laptop linking....
  3. Unlink Account from Window's password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unlink Account from Window's password: Hello,I installed windows 10 that we got from university. At the past one year and a half every time I change my university's user somehow my computer's password changes as well.Today I unlinked one drive from my computer but it still shows me that my password is related to...
  4. Unlink Account from Window's password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlink Account from Window's password: Hello,I installed windows 10 that we got from university. At the past one year and a half every time I change my university's user somehow my computer's password changes as well.Today I unlinked one drive from my computer but it still shows me that my password is related to...
  5. Unlink Account from Window's password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. unlink a onedrive account from deleted gmail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unlink a onedrive account from deleted gmail: can i unlink a onedrive account from a deleted gmail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlink-a-onedrive-account-from-deleted-gmail/4591411d-cf01-4e6b-a24f-a5c4aa92d125
  7. unlink a onedrive account from deleted gmail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unlink a onedrive account from deleted gmail: can i unlink a onedrive account from a deleted gmail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlink-a-onedrive-account-from-deleted-gmail/4591411d-cf01-4e6b-a24f-a5c4aa92d125
  8. unlink a onedrive account from deleted gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. I can't unlink my account on onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't unlink my account on onedrive: Hello, I am currently experiencing a problem with my onedrive app on W10 I would like to use onedrive, another Microsoft account. But when I click the "Unlink Onedrive" button, the app automatically restarts and logs in to my windows account not giving me the option to add a...
  10. I want to unlink an gaming app from my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to unlink an gaming app from my microsoft account: I linked a gaming app with my Microsoft account to play. It access my details and now I want to unlink it. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-unlink-an-gaming-app-from-my-microsoft/327565bb-5d10-4e56-bcf2-53b3c692199f