Windows 10: I cant unpause onedrive syncing

Discus and support I cant unpause onedrive syncing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there- im trying to clean up my one drive but I cant remove files with out syncing turned on and some how syncing is paused. please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Karrie stewart, May 21, 2024.

1. I cant unpause onedrive syncing

Hi there- im trying to clean up my one drive but I cant remove files with out syncing turned on and some how syncing is paused. please help

:)

Karrie stewart, May 21, 2024

2. How do I unpause OneDrive?

I am having trouble with my OneDrive system, it keeps pausing, and I can't unpause it.

AnnetteWard1, May 21, 2024
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 21, 2024
  4. P4-630 Win User

I cant unpause onedrive syncing

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

I cant unpause onedrive syncing [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

P4-630, May 21, 2024
Thema:

I cant unpause onedrive syncing

1. I cant unpause onedrive syncing - Similar Threads - cant unpause onedrive

2. I cant unpause onedrive syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant unpause onedrive syncing: Hi there- im trying to clean up my one drive but I cant remove files with out syncing turned on and some how syncing is paused. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-unpause-onedrive-syncing/ecad28fb-b0b0-472f-91d4-f25da68c7125
  3. How do I unpause computer syncing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I unpause computer syncing?: A bunch of photos and files on my computer suddenly won't open, there's an X on the thumbnail. When I click it says I need to resume syncing. How do I do this?...
  4. How do I unpause computer syncing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unpause computer syncing?: A bunch of photos and files on my computer suddenly won't open, there's an X on the thumbnail. When I click it says I need to resume syncing. How do I do this?...
  5. How do I unpause computer syncing?

6. Cant stop onedrive from syncing, cant uninstall it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant stop onedrive from syncing, cant uninstall it: I followed microsofts instructions to uninstall onedrive and I unlinked / unsynched it prior to doing that. Unfortunately, it still lives on my new Lenovo and continues to sync my files. It automatically defaults to saving my files in the cloud. It is not always clear that I...
  7. Cant stop onedrive from syncing, cant uninstall it

Cant stop onedrive from syncing, cant uninstall it: I followed microsofts instructions to uninstall onedrive and I unlinked / unsynched it prior to doing that. Unfortunately, it still lives on my new Lenovo and continues to sync my files. It automatically defaults to saving my files in the cloud. It is not always clear that I...
  8. Onedrive syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onedrive syncing: Hi,is it possible to stop OneDrive syncing? and I don't mean just pause it. I don't want to uninstall or anything, I'd just like to know if possible and if so how.Richard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-syncing/457dd1b9-5708-43a1-b666-6637547708fc
  9. onedrive sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive sync: How can I stop OneDrive pictures syncing with PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync/609276a8-0ef7-4391-aa9e-801e4fe1f1ff"
  10. OneDrive Sync

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Sync: Hello Good People, Despite looking around, I don't understand how the sync works. First, is there a master, so to speak. ie does the cloud version mimic the PC files. ie if there is a file on my PC and not on the cloud, will the cloud get updated? An then, if a file gets...