Windows 10: I can't update and have been trying for months!

Discus and support I can't update and have been trying for months! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've already asked this question and have never gotten an answer. I even provided the archive files that were asked for earlier this month. For heaven... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by freewheeling3, Oct 18, 2019.

1. I can't update and have been trying for months!

I've already asked this question and have never gotten an answer. I even provided the archive files that were asked for earlier this month. For heaven sakes, if you can't tell me how to update to the newest version of windows AT LEAST tell me how to stop Windows from trying to update. Every time it does that I have to wait hours and the update eventually fails and rolls back, and meanwhile I can't use my computer and anything I haven't saved gets lost. Here is my previous thread, and the links to the archive files are on it.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...63-4f50-402e-a3e9-8d0b9a189b55?LastReply=true

:)

freewheeling3, Oct 18, 2019

2. Update Windows 10 after 5 months in storage?

Hi Nitram,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about installing the latest updates on your device.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which were the updates you found to be installed on youe device?
    • Did you check if those update are already installed under View installed updates?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "My PC has been in storage for 5 months"?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if those updates are already installed:

Follow:

• Right click on the Start button and select Programs and Features.
    • Click on View installed updates.

Step 2: Disable anti-virus software.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install
    other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software.

Step 3: I suggest you to
    run Windows Update troubleshooter

Windows Update troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 18, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I can't update and have been trying for months! :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 18, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

I can't update and have been trying for months!

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool I can't update and have been trying for months! :cool:

jmcslob, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

I can't update and have been trying for months!

1. I can't update and have been trying for months! - Similar Threads - can't update been

2. I have been for the last 2 months 15 tries to put in an update that microsoft sent. It will...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been for the last 2 months 15 tries to put in an update that microsoft sent. It will...: I have been trying for the last 2 months to install an update that Microsoft sent my New HP Pavilion. It will not install. I have tried 15 times. Error comes up that said "something went wrong but not to worry we will return the computer the way it was". I have taken my...
  3. I have been for the last 2 months 15 tries to put in an update that microsoft sent. It will...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have been for the last 2 months 15 tries to put in an update that microsoft sent. It will...: I have been trying for the last 2 months to install an update that Microsoft sent my New HP Pavilion. It will not install. I have tried 15 times. Error comes up that said "something went wrong but not to worry we will return the computer the way it was". I have taken my...
  4. I been having a problem for a month now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I been having a problem for a month now: I've tried everything except restoring my PC to factory settings! There's an update my computer keeps telling me to restart and I have been restarting my PC I restarted it a half of a dozen times and it still tells me to restart. Or it'll shut down and restart on its own....
  5. I been having a problem for a month now

I been having a problem for a month now: I've tried everything except restoring my PC to factory settings! There's an update my computer keeps telling me to restart and I have been restarting my PC I restarted it a half of a dozen times and it still tells me to restart. Or it'll shut down and restart on its own....
  6. I have been trying to update to Windows 11...

I have been trying to update to Windows 11...: I have been trying to update to Windows 11, and PC Health Check says that my system meets the requirements, but when I go to update, it says that I do not....
  7. Been having bluescreens for months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Been having bluescreens for months: It started happening about 6 months ago. Between then and now i have replaced multiple parts that seemed to fix the problem for a while. Like MOBO, Ram 5 weeks ago i reinstalled windows because i kept getting bluescreens every 20 seconds, safe mode was fine. Now it's...
  8. I've been having this problem where Windows refuses to update for months now, and I can't...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've been having this problem where Windows refuses to update for months now, and I can't...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Thatotherman001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fena9p/ive_been_having_this_problem_where_windows/
  9. I have been getting windows stop codes for months and I have tried everything. Someone...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have been getting windows stop codes for months and I have tried everything. Someone...: I get them about twice a day, the most prevalent one is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, the other is BAD_POOL_HEADER. I have reinstalled windows 10 just two days ago. I have also gone through all drivers and updated the following drivers: Firmware, Realtek Audio, Intel(R) Smart Sound...
  10. Have been trying to do automatic update for months :(

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have been trying to do automatic update for months :(: I haven't been able to update windows 10 since around April. I'm running Windows 10 version 1803 (OS Build 15063.1155). Windows tries to update, but after restarting and trying to update it freezes at 49% or 52% and gives me an error message saying that it's going to restore...