Windows 10: I can't update from 8.1 to 10 because I forgot my Admin password. Anyone know how to reset it ?

Discus and support I can't update from 8.1 to 10 because I forgot my Admin password. Anyone know how to reset it ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a laptop using windows 8.1 and want to upgrade to 10 but it requires my Admin password which I forgot. I can log into my main account my when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/R452991, Feb 19, 2021.

1. I can't update from 8.1 to 10 because I forgot my Admin password. Anyone know how to reset it ?

I have a laptop using windows 8.1 and want to upgrade to 10 but it requires my Admin password which I forgot. I can log into my main account my when I need to download anything, ect it asks for my Admin..

I don't have a disk or anything, just the Windows 8.1 that came with the laptop, not sure what to do.

submitted by /u/R452991
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/R452991, Feb 19, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 19, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 19, 2021
  4. I can't update from 8.1 to 10 because I forgot my Admin password. Anyone know how to reset it ?

I Forgot My Windows 8 Admin Password!

I forgot my admin password!How to reset a new password?My computer has also other user accounts, so I tried to reset a password using Guest accounts by Command Prompt,password Reset Disk,but it didn't work because I forgot my admin password.So I
    don't know what to do,please HELP!

AlisaSuqiasyan, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

I can't update from 8.1 to 10 because I forgot my Admin password. Anyone know how to reset it ?

1. I can't update from 8.1 to 10 because I forgot my Admin password. Anyone know how to reset it ? - Similar Threads - can't update forgot

2. Does anyone know how I can reset my child's password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how I can reset my child's password?: I'm getting quite frustrated that the recovery form does not have enough information. If I knew a previous original password I'd use that to sign in! There is no other information I can provide. I can't understand why the option doesn't appear available in the family safety...
  3. How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?: When we try to install it asks for an Admin Password that no one knows in the office for one PC. I asked Microsoft Support at 1-877-568-2495. They referred me to mircrosoftsupport.com. Person said to submit a request and someone would contact me. But it only took me to the...
  4. How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can Forgot Admin Password be reset?: When we try to install it asks for an Admin Password that no one knows in the office for one PC. I asked Microsoft Support at 1-877-568-2495. They referred me to mircrosoftsupport.com. Person said to submit a request and someone would contact me. But it only took me to the...
  5. HELP!!! I forgot my password and I can't reset it because I am not getting recovery key on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP!!! I forgot my password and I can't reset it because I am not getting recovery key on...: I have a Laptop which is facing Blue Screen of Death. Now when I try to restore it, it asks me for a BitLocker Recovery Key. To generate the Recovery Key, I need to login to my account, which I am unable to, as I have forgotten my password I use a PIN to login to my system.I...
  6. How to reset Admin account - forgot password!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to reset Admin account - forgot password!: Hi all,I completely forgot my windows admin account password, less than three months after creating it.How on earth can I reset it?Do I have to back everything up and basically wipe the entire computer just to get administrative privileges back?Or is there an easier...
  7. How can I reset a local admin password if I dont know the password?

How can I reset a local admin password if I dont know the password?: Hello, I recently started using an old laptop of mine again as I got some new parts for it. However I only have access to the one local account which does not have admin rights. I don't remember what the admin password is as it has been quite a while since I have used this...
  8. i forgot my admin password

i forgot my admin password: hello team actually i forgot my admin password.how can i reset my password without a iso file .i have my local user account password.but i dont administrator password.please help with this issue....
  9. I forgot my admin password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I forgot my admin password.: Hi, I have windows 10 professional installed on my Dell XPS. It has 2 users. One user is non-admin with no privileged. Another is the admin user. I have forgotten the admin user password. I do not have a disk or usb or anything to recover. I need help. We did not add...
  10. reset admin password if I forgot it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset admin password if I forgot it: How do I reset the admin password if I forgot it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-admin-password-if-i-forgot-it/7cc32d7b-64fe-48fe-8f8a-cd8b56be935c