Windows 10: I can't update my windows version

Discus and support I can't update my windows version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop of windows 10 10240 And I was updating it to 1803. When installation reached 99% then the installation restarted from 0% What can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KshitijDamodhar, Jun 24, 2020.

1. I can't update my windows version

I have a laptop of windows 10 10240

And I was updating it to 1803. When installation reached 99% then the installation restarted from 0%

What can be the reason?

:)

KshitijDamodhar, Jun 24, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I can't update my windows version :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Al Burc Win User
    Unable to update Window 10 Pro version 1607 to version 1709

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1607 to the latest version 1709 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer
    • Ran the DISM.exe
    Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101 - 0x30018
    • 0x900704c7
    Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you

Al Burc, Jun 24, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

I can't update my windows version

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

I can't update my windows version

1. I can't update my windows version - Similar Threads - can't update version

2. I can't update to the new version of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't update to the new version of Windows: Hello, I can't update my Windows 10 to the new version. I currently have Windows 10 Pro 1909 build 18363.1556, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 Ti, Intel Core i5-10300H, 8RAM. After installing the update in the blue box "Working with updates. Do not turn off computer", a black screen...
  3. I can't update to the new version of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't update to the new version of Windows: Hello, I can't update my Windows 10 to the new version. I currently have Windows 10 Pro 1909 build 18363.1556, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 Ti, Intel Core i5-10300H, 8RAM. After installing the update in the blue box "Working with updates. Do not turn off computer", a black screen...
  4. I can't update to the new version of Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I can't update my windows version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't update my windows version: My problem is I use windows insider program and I can't check for updates. I used to be in Dev channel and somehow it switched from Dev to Beta. I think the reason why I can't update the windows version is my current version is Build.22543.1000 which expired 9/16/2022. I have...
  6. I can't update my windows version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't update my windows version: My problem is I use windows insider program and I can't check for updates. I used to be in Dev channel and somehow it switched from Dev to Beta. I think the reason why I can't update the windows version is my current version is Build.22543.1000 which expired 9/16/2022. I have...
  7. Windows can't update to version 2H02

Windows can't update to version 2H02: Hi My pc can't download windows update version 2H02 and it keeps showing error 0x80070002 Any assistance in helping me to update my pc is greatly appreciated....
  8. Can't update my Windows 10 to version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't update my Windows 10 to version 2004: I have Windows 10 version 1909 and it seems that my PC blue screens quite frequently now. Average 1-2 a week. But recently it blue screened then after the automatic restart blue screened again and again and again. 4 blue screens before I even touched a button. This concerned...
  9. Can't update Windows version 1909 to Version 2004

Can't update Windows version 1909 to Version 2004: I'm guessing it's something to do with this generic statement from the Windows 10 blog <Note: You may not see Download and install on your device as we are slowly throttling up this availability over the coming weeks, or your device might have a compatibility issue for which...
  10. I can't update to the Windows 10 version 1903

I can't update to the Windows 10 version 1903: The update looks like it is downloading and installing, but then the computer turns off and you think it is finished. When you restart again, it says it is uninstalling the update and I'm back to square one. How can I get this to work? Been trying this for a couple of...