Windows 10: I can't update my Windows without crashing my PC

Discus and support I can't update my Windows without crashing my PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As shown in this picture, I can no longer update then shutdown my pc. Instead I must update then restart, which crashes my pc upon restart 100% of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/H4RT0R, Oct 29, 2019.

1. /u/H4RT0R Win User

I can't update my Windows without crashing my PC

As shown in this picture, I can no longer update then shutdown my pc. Instead I must update then restart, which crashes my pc upon restart 100% of the time. Can anyone help me?

submitted by /u/H4RT0R
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/H4RT0R, Oct 29, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 29, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

Windows Updates crashing and unable to login to PC

Hello SoaringHigh2061,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As per the manufacturer’s website, your PC is compatible
    only with Windows 7 & 8. This could be the cause for the system crash.

If you wish to pause the updates for a while, you may check with the steps listed below in the article -

However, I would also suggest you to get in touch with the PC manufacturer to know if there are any latest drivers available, that is compatible to run Windows 10 on your machine.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

1. I can't update my Windows without crashing my PC - Similar Threads - can't update without

2. I can't able to sign in to my pc without internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't able to sign in to my pc without internet: I can't able to sign in to my pc without internet. Please help me to open my pc without connecting my pc to wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-able-to-sign-in-to-my-pc-without-internet/fc29f7a4-1692-4f7e-aada-7c6d3531e1e9
  3. I can't able to sign in to my pc without internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't able to sign in to my pc without internet: I can't able to sign in to my pc without internet. Please help me to open my pc without connecting my pc to wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-able-to-sign-in-to-my-pc-without-internet/fc29f7a4-1692-4f7e-aada-7c6d3531e1e9
  4. Can't reset my pc without a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset my pc without a password: I've recently been having problems with my pc on startup. When I go to the troubleshooting to troubleshoot, however, I need to login to my Microsoft account. The problem is, my pc doesn't have a native wifi connection; I have to use a USB adapter. When I try to login, it...
  5. Can't reset my pc without a password

Can't reset my pc without a password: I've recently been having problems with my pc on startup. When I go to the troubleshooting to troubleshoot, however, I need to login to my Microsoft account. The problem is, my pc doesn't have a native wifi connection; I have to use a USB adapter. When I try to login, it...
  6. Can't reset my pc without a password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I can't update my Windows 11 pc

I can't update my Windows 11 pc: Hello, I am wondering why I cannot install firmware updates on my computer. Here is the process that I took trying to update it.As usual, I went to Settings > Windows Update > Windows Update and clicked on check for updates. I click download15 minutes later I clicked Restart...
  8. Windows update crashes my pc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update crashes my pc.: So, at 3/14/2020 Windows did an update and ever since my pc is having blue screens and applications crash very often. At first I thought my SSD was dead and was going to buy a new one, after checking the condition through CrystalDiskInfo, it seems like it's very healthy. I...
  9. I can't reset my pc or update my pc.

I can't reset my pc or update my pc.: If i want to update my pc it says there are problems installing updates. When I try to reset my PC it says no changes have been made. I have already looked up online how I can solve it but nothing works....
  10. Windows update crashed my pc

Windows update crashed my pc: Yesterday I did my periodic updates on my pc. After clicking install on the new windows update I walked away and went about my day. Later on i came back to my pc and it was at a blue screen saying could not boot up correctly or something along those lines. I hit restart and...