Windows 10: I can't update the Windows Defender

Discus and support I can't update the Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't update the Windows Defender, can help me?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by yorshpep, Oct 16, 2018.

1. yorshpep Win User

I can't update the Windows Defender

I can't update the Windows Defender, can help me?

:)

yorshpep, Oct 16, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Why won't Windows Defender not auto update anymore

I have have windows updates set to notify updates , I will install myself, because I want to make a system restore point before installing updates.

Because of this windows defender does not update automatically and I had to create a task for updating in the task scheduler, which I did but it does not work anymore since I re-installed windows.
    What am I doing wrong?

I can't update the Windows Defender defender-update-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 16, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

1. I can't update the Windows Defender - Similar Threads - can't update Defender

2. I can't open windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open windows defender: I updated Windows to Windows 11 and I couldn't open Windows Defender so I tried to restart it and now it shows that I need a new app to open windowsdefender links. I tried some fixes but nothing works. I see Defender icon on the task bar but i can't do anything with it....
  3. I can't open windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open windows defender: I updated Windows to Windows 11 and I couldn't open Windows Defender so I tried to restart it and now it shows that I need a new app to open windowsdefender links. I tried some fixes but nothing works. I see Defender icon on the task bar but i can't do anything with it....
  4. Can't install Windows Defender Updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't install Windows Defender Updates: I Can't Install Windows Defender updates and it always error occurred what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-windows-defender-updates/a0369fc8-794b-4267-8207-2f3acae9a60c
  5. Can't update windows, can't scan with defender, can't check update history?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update windows, can't scan with defender, can't check update history?: I've just noticed that windows defender can't scan, I also can't update windows or check the update history.I'm getting an 0x80080005 error when I search for updates.HELP...
  6. can't install windows defender update

can't install windows defender update: while trying to update windows defender, it shows error code - 0x8024402f and update can not be installed. plzz help.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cant-install-windows-defender-update/372ba859-6958-439f-ad28-5b9138675e0f
  7. I can't install the last Windows Defender Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't install the last Windows Defender Update: I can't install the last Windows Defender Update, I have Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-the-last-windows-defender-update/1ccafa72-60c6-4f01-8abc-b8d71d6d61e4
  8. I can't activate Windows Defender

I can't activate Windows Defender: Hello, I ran into a problem not long ago that I can't seem to activate my Windows Defender. I'll show some screenshots so you're able to understand better the situation. The highlighted red area is telling me that Windows Defender is inactive: [ATTACH] I click the box...
  9. I can't update Windows Defender definitions

I can't update Windows Defender definitions: Hello, yesterday I have downloaded and run a program, which, I guess, have turned out to be a virus. There showed up a notification, that Windows Defender is turned off and I should turn if on. When I have clicked on this, Windows Defender Security Center showed up and there...
  10. I can't turn on windows defender

I can't turn on windows defender: I accidentally downloaded a virus a few days ago, and now if I try to turn on windows defender it says "Your Virus and Threat protection is managed by your organization." but I'm not part of any kind of company or organization. What do I do?...