Windows 10: i cant update

Discus and support i cant update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i tried installing the update and i as soon as i start downloading it i get a error code 0x800706be. I have already tried the troubleshooter that did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sethdave, Jun 29, 2020.

1. sethdave Win User

i cant update

i tried installing the update and i as soon as i start downloading it i get a error code 0x800706be. I have already tried the troubleshooter that did not work i also tried reseting windows update services and clearing temporary files ,but that did not work either

i would really appreciate some help because i really don't want to wipe my disk drive.

:)

sethdave, Jun 29, 2020

2. Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Jun 29, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond i cant update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

i cant update

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

i cant update

1. i cant update - Similar Threads - cant update

2. why cant i update my drivers with out getting an error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i update my drivers with out getting an error.: i tried to download and update my drivers and i keep getting and error for that says at the top "Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library" and the body says Debug Assertion Failed! Program:Blah BlahLine95Expression:false...
  3. why cant i update my drivers with out getting an error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why cant i update my drivers with out getting an error.: i tried to download and update my drivers and i keep getting and error for that says at the top "Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library" and the body says Debug Assertion Failed! Program:Blah BlahLine95Expression:false...
  4. OneDrive did an update I told it not to and now cant do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive did an update I told it not to and now cant do anything: As title says, onedrive did an updates or something I said no, it did it anyways. 90% of my icons are gone, none of my programs or game are workings. Start menu wont work. Going to a back up restore date didnt work. Everytime I close a window or now they will close on there...
  5. OneDrive did an update I told it not to and now cant do anything

OneDrive did an update I told it not to and now cant do anything: As title says, onedrive did an updates or something I said no, it did it anyways. 90% of my icons are gone, none of my programs or game are workings. Start menu wont work. Going to a back up restore date didnt work. Everytime I close a window or now they will close on there...
  6. OneDrive did an update I told it not to and now cant do anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Why cant i download or remove this update from my PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why cant i download or remove this update from my PC?: 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441Status:Download error - 0x80070643I've tried everything to fix this problem but i cannot fix it. I've tried to remove the update but i can't because its not downloaded i looked on youtube and i...
  8. Why cant i download or remove this update from my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant i download or remove this update from my PC?: 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441Status:Download error - 0x80070643I've tried everything to fix this problem but i cannot fix it. I've tried to remove the update but i can't because its not downloaded i looked on youtube and i...
  9. Why cant i download or remove this update from my PC?

10. Cant boot into windows 10 safe mode, cant update

Cant boot into windows 10 safe mode, cant update: I cant boot in windows 10 safe mode, i cant click the boot option from msconfig menu, when i press shift and restart it brings me to « Choose an option » and i only see the option « Turn off your PC » , i dont see any other option, what do i do?...