Windows 10: I cant upgrade from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home

Discus and support I cant upgrade from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just bought Surface Go and when i switch out S mode to Home but not success and show below error message. [IMG]Even I tried factory default and try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ye.linn, Nov 25, 2018.

1. ye.linn Win User

I cant upgrade from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home

I just bought Surface Go and when i switch out S mode to Home but not success and show below error message.

I cant upgrade from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home [​IMG]Even I tried factory default and try also same issue.

After I update windows and try also same issue.

Please advise how can I solve this issue.

:)

ye.linn, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. I cant upgrade from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - cant upgrade Home

2. can i upgrade to windows 10 from windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i upgrade to windows 10 from windows 10 home: i am looking to buy a retail version of the windows key rather than buying it directly from microsoft store.I currently run windows 10 home.If i buy and just click on "change key" and add the pro key, will this work?...
  3. can i upgrade to windows 10 from windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i upgrade to windows 10 from windows 10 home: i am looking to buy a retail version of the windows key rather than buying it directly from microsoft store.I currently run windows 10 home.If i buy and just click on "change key" and add the pro key, will this work?...
  4. can i upgrade to windows 10 from windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Upgrading from Windows 10 S to either Windows 10 Home or Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Windows 10 S to either Windows 10 Home or Pro?: What does it cost to upgrade a laptop computer from Windows 10 S to either Windows 10 Home or Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-windows-10-s-to-either-windows-10/a5af60f5-751c-4c71-97a0-87ec63f1a4df
  6. Update from Windows 10 Home S to Windows 10 Pro S

Update from Windows 10 Home S to Windows 10 Pro S: I just bought a new laptop. My old laptop has Windows 10 Pro on it. The new one has Windows 10 Home S. I want to put Pro on my new laptop. Is that possible?...
  7. How to change to Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 Home S?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to change to Windows 10 Home from Windows 10 Home S?: I have tried several actions to change from Windows 10 Home S: Used Settings app Activation approach Updated the Microsoft Store App Rebooted several times I am still unable to update my new HP laptop from Windows 10 Home S to Windows 10 Home. The only reason I bought...
  8. convert from windows 10 s to windows home

in Windows 10 Customization
    convert from windows 10 s to windows home: if I buy a laptop with windows 10 home S installed can I convert to windows 10 home free of charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-from-windows-10-s-to-windows-home/905f8432-32a3-41c5-bd74-0ad080302427
  9. i cant upgrade windows 10 home to windos 10 pro

i cant upgrade windows 10 home to windos 10 pro: hello i cant upgrade windows 10 home to windos 10 pro with following error : something interrupted our troubleshooting.make sure youre connected to the internet.wait few minutes and try again 0x80070057 please how to solve it?...
  10. I cant upgrade unactivated windows 10 home to pro

I cant upgrade unactivated windows 10 home to pro: So i bought a key from a friend who had a spare one, and when i tried to activate it always came it with an error. He told me in order for the key to work, i need to upgrade to pro first. How do i do this? I've tried many methods and nothings worked....