Windows 10: I CAN'T UPGRADE MY LAPTOP TO WINDOWS 10

Discus and support I CAN'T UPGRADE MY LAPTOP TO WINDOWS 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi i was upgrading my laptop to windows 10 from windows 7. Then i had two options upgrade and custominstall windows only So i wanted to upgrade when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by geo12334, Jun 27, 2020.

1. geo12334 Win User

I CAN'T UPGRADE MY LAPTOP TO WINDOWS 10

Hi i was upgrading my laptop to windows 10 from windows 7. Then i had two options upgrade and custominstall windows only So i wanted to upgrade when suddenly i had this message.

Compatibility Report

The upgrade option isn't available if you start your computer using Windows installation media. If a copy of windows is already installed on this computer and you want to upgrade, remove the installation media and restart your computer. After windows has started normally, insert the installation media and run Windows Setup.

i done everything it said but it still comes up with the same message so it would be kind if anyone can help.

:)

geo12334, Jun 27, 2020

2. Worth upgrading to Windows 10 with my laptop?

I CAN'T UPGRADE MY LAPTOP TO WINDOWS 10 ask_cartman_102_by_askcartman-d4xuz7t.gif

BarbaricSoul, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Can't upgrade laptop to Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried Windows Defender and discovered it was not turned on and when I tried to turn it on it would quickly turn itself off again. I used another anti-virus program to check out the laptop but it found no problem. Obviously this laptop has some problems.

My next step is to put the original drive back into the machine and try the Windows 10 upgrade from that and if that also fails do a restore of this laptop to the original Windows 7.

alkaufmann, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

1. I CAN'T UPGRADE MY LAPTOP TO WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - CAN'T UPGRADE LAPTOP

2. I can't upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10.: I get the error code 0x80072F8F-0x20000 when trying to run the Media Creation Tool. I have tried everything! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-upgrade-my-windows-7-to-windows-10/bb806fad-9c80-463b-b170-b2e5b2190915
  3. I can't upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10.: I get the error code 0x80072F8F-0x20000 when trying to run the Media Creation Tool. I have tried everything! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-upgrade-my-windows-7-to-windows-10/bb806fad-9c80-463b-b170-b2e5b2190915
  4. I can't Upgrade Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't Upgrade Windows 10: Is this a Wi-Fi problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-upgrade-windows-10/e90d17ec-1415-4b94-aa24-5da07e187af7
  5. I can't Upgrade Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't Upgrade Windows 10: Is this a Wi-Fi problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-upgrade-windows-10/e90d17ec-1415-4b94-aa24-5da07e187af7
  6. I can't Upgrade Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Why can't I upgrade my Window 10?

Why can't I upgrade my Window 10?: Hello, I got a message on my laptop from Window saying that I need to upgrade my Windows 10. When I go Settings and try to upgrade it says this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-upgrade-my-window-10/6174e0eb-b1c9-4b3a-acde-141694be5f3f
  8. Help, I can't activate my windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help, I can't activate my windows 10 upgrade: Help, I just upgraded my laptop to the new windows 10 2020 upgrade, but I haven't been able to activate yet. What do I need to activate my windows 10 upgrade, a product key or a digital license. Thanks in anticipation....
  9. I can't upgrade my windows

I can't upgrade my windows: Hello, I have right now Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB and I been trying to upgrade to Windows 10 Version 18362.0 but I can't becuase the Operating system is failing and it says that I need to Contact a, System Adminstration or Upgrade my Windows Server Or Enterprise...
  10. Can't upgrade laptop to Windows 10

Can't upgrade laptop to Windows 10: I am having problems upgrading an HP laptop that came with Windows 7 Home Premium. When you select the Windows 10 icon in the taskbar it comes back with a note saying this laptop is not compatible but when you check the report it finds everything okay. I bypassed that...