Windows 10: I can't upgrade or unistall programs in Windows 10

Discus and support I can't upgrade or unistall programs in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I have tried to install new programs or even uninstall old ones. For example, I want the new Microsoft Edge, but when it prompts me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by T Jllo, Aug 9, 2020.

1. T Jllo Win User

I can't upgrade or unistall programs in Windows 10

Hi there,

I have tried to install new programs or even uninstall old ones. For example, I want the new Microsoft Edge, but when it prompts me to write the admin's credential, there is no way I can write it because it doesn't appear the box nor the Admin's name to do it. I need to upgrade my antivirus, my browser to Edge and also windows itself and delete old programs. What can I do?

:)

T Jllo, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 9, 2020
  3. windows 10 worth the upgrade?

Did u try right clicking and select add to start menu?

When did AMD release DX12 drivers?

Pill Monster, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

1. I can't upgrade or unistall programs in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - can't upgrade unistall

2. Unistalling programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unistalling programs: Does anybody know why Windows is incapable of uninstalling more than one program at a time? It's not a big deal unless you're the person who installs all kinds of programs just to see which ones will take your money and which ones are safe. Or if you install something like an...
  3. Programs got unistalled on their own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs got unistalled on their own: So, I opened my laptob today and found 2 programs that were uninstalled without me doing it. Any idea why this might have happened? submitted by /u/RPWPA [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lncn96/programs_got_unistalled_on_their_own/
  4. How to completely unistall a program?

How to completely unistall a program?: Please tell me ways to completely uninstall an application? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-completely-unistall-a-program/ac1bbd7f-ce9c-443b-8cd4-0172a428d018
  5. Unistalling programs

Unistalling programs: Hi, I tried to install software for a Canon camera but the version is too early.Some elements of the download were installed as programmes but i am unable to uninstall these using the control panel etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  6. Can't unistall or install programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't unistall or install programs: It all started with me trying to uninstall Steam. Whenever I try to restart after uninstalling I'd get stuck on the boot screen. Whenever I simply shut down after uninstalling I turn the computer back on and everything that what uninstalled it suddenly back. After running the...
  7. UNISTALL PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Customization
    UNISTALL PROGRAMS: Hello, does anybody know how I can uninstall some programs process explorer and some morefrom my win 10 pro 64 bit which I cannot see in the remove programs panel thanks...
  8. updated and it unistalled a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    updated and it unistalled a program: I selected option to update and to save existing files....just another issue with Windows 10....never had this and oother issues with previous versions before WSindows 10. I have a Realflight 8 program:...
  9. unistalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unistalling windows 10: how does one completely delete windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unistalling-windows-10/37d79a0f-83be-4772-bdc1-658c85daadce"
  10. Unistall programs

Unistall programs: How can I uninstall a program from Windows 10 Home version 1802? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unistall-programs/67ed70c3-f0b9-488c-89a9-df4002e9b147