Windows 10: I can't upgrade Windows 10 from 20H2 to 21H2

Discus and support I can't upgrade Windows 10 from 20H2 to 21H2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Every time Windows applies the update during a restart or shutdown, it cannot start correctly. It tries to boot three times, but it shows a blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PattyGalvan1, Nov 22, 2021.

1. I can't upgrade Windows 10 from 20H2 to 21H2

Hi, Every time Windows applies the update during a restart or shutdown, it cannot start correctly. It tries to boot three times, but it shows a blue screen of death with error information. The fourth boot sequence uninstalls the updates and the systems start after the rollback.

:)

PattyGalvan1, Nov 22, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 22, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows Hardware Compatibility Program guidance for Windows 10 21H2

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...0/ba-p/2758069

Brink, Nov 22, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

I can't upgrade Windows 10 from 20H2 to 21H2

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 22, 2021
Thema:

I can't upgrade Windows 10 from 20H2 to 21H2

1. I can't upgrade Windows 10 from 20H2 to 21H2 - Similar Threads - can't upgrade 20H2

2. Can't upgrade to 20H2 or 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade to 20H2 or 21H2: Hi, For several weeks, I have been offered the upgrade to 20H2, and it always fails to install. Today I was offered the 21H2 update and that too failed. Apparently this may be a driver issue, but as far as I know all my drivers are up to date and I have no old devices...
  3. Can't upgrade to 20H2 or 21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't upgrade to 20H2 or 21H2: Hi, For several weeks, I have been offered the upgrade to 20H2, and it always fails to install. Today I was offered the 21H2 update and that too failed. Apparently this may be a driver issue, but as far as I know all my drivers are up to date and I have no old devices...
  4. Can't upgrade to 20H2 or 21H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I can't upgrade Windows 10 from 20H2 to 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't upgrade Windows 10 from 20H2 to 21H2: Hi, Every time Windows applies the update during a restart or shutdown, it cannot start correctly. It tries to boot three times, but it shows a blue screen of death with error information. The fourth boot sequence uninstalls the updates and the systems start after the...
  6. I can't upgrade Windows 10 from 20H2 to 21H2

I can't upgrade Windows 10 from 20H2 to 21H2: Hi, Every time Windows applies the update during a restart or shutdown, it cannot start correctly. It tries to boot three times, but it shows a blue screen of death with error information. The fourth boot sequence uninstalls the updates and the systems start after the...
  7. Can't upgrade to Windows 10 20H2 to 21H1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't upgrade to Windows 10 20H2 to 21H1: I tried to install Windows 10 20H2 via Windows 10 Update Assistant. The Update Assistant restarted my PC, then loaded the lock screen as usual after a longer boot time than usual....
  8. Can't upgrade to Windows 10 20H2 to 21H1

Can't upgrade to Windows 10 20H2 to 21H1: I tried to update Windows 10 20H2 via Windows 10 Update Assistant. The Update Assistant restarted my PC, then loaded the lock screen as usual after a longer boot time than usual and in the end Windows did not update....
  9. Can't Upgrade Windows 10 from 20H2 21H1

Can't Upgrade Windows 10 from 20H2 21H1: Current version is 20H2 Build 19042.867Window Update shows the upgrade to 21H1Clicking on it gets to the restart point.Restart quits at 7% then say could not update.Update and security shows failed to update Error 0X8007003Ran Troubleshooter. Results negative. Results in...
  10. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 pro 1909 to 20h2

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 pro 1909 to 20h2: I have been trying to upgrade and keep getting error code Oxc1900101. I saw another post about disabling anti-virus soft ware to I deleted my Mcaffe program and still get the error code. Any other suggestions?...