Windows 10: I can't use a microphone without getting the audio (not mic / other sounds) to sound like crap

Discus and support I can't use a microphone without getting the audio (not mic / other sounds) to sound like crap in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Option 1: Turn off my mic and get great sound quality Option 2: Turn on my mic and have bad sound quality is there any software that can fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Passw0rdSUCKS, Jan 21, 2021.

1. I can't use a microphone without getting the audio (not mic / other sounds) to sound like crap

Option 1: Turn off my mic and get great sound quality

Option 2: Turn on my mic and have bad sound quality

is there any software that can fix this?

submitted by /u/Passw0rdSUCKS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Passw0rdSUCKS, Jan 21, 2021
  2. LeonardDD Win User

Microphone detecting sound but mic isn't actually recording

I got an issue regarding the mic on my computer(windows 10) when I go to, sound->recording i do see the green bars if I talk however no sound is actually being recorded. I use a headset and the mic is called Realtek high defenition audio on sound->recording.

What i have tried so far:

1. go to device manager->audio inputs and outputs->microphone (1. look for updates 2. disable and enable 3. uninstall the microphone(Realtek high definition audio) then go to action on device manager and scan for hardware changes, mic does come back on device
    manager but still doesn't work)

2. tried to plug the mic at the back of the computer instead of the front (don't know the technical terms)

3.maybe obvious but to clarify I also already went to sound->recording->microphone and tried to "set up" microphone, when I talk it simply doesnt detect me speaking (whilst the green bars in sound->recording microphone do go up.

4. confirmed my mic isn't muted via sound->recording->mic->properties->levels

5. went to sound->recording and show disabled/disconnected devices only "Line In" pop up and "stereomix", no other mic option

6. I have already tried different settings via sound->recording->mic->enhacement also tried all different advanced options.

7.checked to see if any windows updates came out that might have caused the change, and that also isn't the case as my mic worked fine after the most recent update but only recently stopped with working

At this point i don't know what else i can do so any suggestions are welcome if you need more details regarding my computer, just ask as I am not fully aware what information i have to give.

LeonardDD, Jan 21, 2021
  3. BMC
    bmc Win User
    Via HD Audio - Sound and Mic not working

I went around and around with this problem too (ASUS S500CA microphone would not work after Win10 upgrade). After much frustration the fix ended up being very simple. From device manager, under: sound, video and game controllers select VIA HD or VIA HD(Win10) driver, select update driver, choose "browse computer," then "let me pick from list," then select the generic High Definition Audio driver (not any of the VIA HD choices) install, restart, fixed.

Interestingly, an update changed my driver back to VA HD(win10) today, microphone stopped working again. I quickly fixed by changing it back to generic driver.

4. Az Har Win User

I can't use a microphone without getting the audio (not mic / other sounds) to sound like crap

Headphone, earphone and microphone are not in Sound Control Panel.

Windows 10 64 bit

I can't use a microphone without getting the audio (not mic / other sounds) to sound like crap [​IMG]

I can't use a microphone without getting the audio (not mic / other sounds) to sound like crap [​IMG]

Stereo mix and line & mic at front or rear panel don't work too.

I somehow managed to get my headphone to play the same thing as my speaker at the same time but that's as far as i got.

Az Har, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

I can't use a microphone without getting the audio (not mic / other sounds) to sound like crap

1. I can't use a microphone without getting the audio (not mic / other sounds) to sound like crap - Similar Threads - can't microphone without

2. Microphone audio sounds compressed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone audio sounds compressed?: My Blue Yeti microphone audio sounds very compressed, like it has some sort of noise suppression filter being used. On other devices it sounds fine, so clearly it's not the microphone itself. Here's an older thread that was never resolved which featured the exact same problem...
  3. Microphone audio sounds compressed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone audio sounds compressed?: My Blue Yeti microphone audio sounds very compressed, like it has some sort of noise suppression filter being used. On other devices it sounds fine, so clearly it's not the microphone itself. Here's an older thread that was never resolved which featured the exact same problem...
  4. Microphone audio sounds compressed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Using mic muting all other sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using mic muting all other sounds: When I'm using mic in discord, or just in browser 'mic test' every other sounds are like muted. Seems to be in sth like call mode? I'm using speaker and for example YouTube sound is muffled when I run mic test or discord. I already reinstalled driver or even system, selected...
  6. Using mic muting all other sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using mic muting all other sounds: When I'm using mic in discord, or just in browser 'mic test' every other sounds are like muted. Seems to be in sth like call mode? I'm using speaker and for example YouTube sound is muffled when I run mic test or discord. I already reinstalled driver or even system, selected...
  7. microphone is muting other sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone is muting other sounds: I have raycon wireless earphones and when I use the microphone it mutes all other sounds I have tried troubleshoot and disabled excessive mode and nothing will work....
  8. Using Microphone Mutes all Other Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Microphone Mutes all Other Sound: Hi, A couple weeks ago something happened I don't know what that altered my audio settings. When using my bluetooth headphones with a built in mic, whenever I entered a chat with anyone, other audio would mute. For example, I'm listening to music or watching Youtube and...
  9. Audio Sounds absolute CRAP after update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Sounds absolute CRAP after update.: I recently updated to the newest version of Windows 10 (1909). After using Chrome for around ~15 mins, the video I was watching suddenly started to sound muffled. I tried restarting all the drivers and my computer - that didn't solve the problem. It appears that this issue...
  10. No sound when using mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound when using mic: Every time I try to use the mic the sound just doesn't come out submitted by /u/iansparta [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epayqz/no_sound_when_using_mic/