Windows 10: I can't use any sort of keyboard for anything windows related

Discus and support I can't use any sort of keyboard for anything windows related in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, I need help A few days ago I turned on my pc and it asked me to press in my password but I couldn't, I wasn't able to copy/paste anything, type... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by HelpMePlease:, Dec 18, 2020.

1. I can't use any sort of keyboard for anything windows related

Hello, I need help

A few days ago I turned on my pc and it asked me to press in my password but I couldn't, I wasn't able to copy/paste anything, type out words or numbers and also wasn't able to use the onscreen keyboard. I then restarted my pc and it just skipped through this step allowing me to use my pc again.

I still can not use the windows search bar, I can not type in the settings search bar, I can not type out anything in the Microsoft store's search bar I can not type out anything on mail. I'm able to type out stuff on other programs like Discord and on browsers, I only use Brave though, haven't tried any others

I've realized that if the password thing ever comes back I will have no way to press in anything and probably lose a lot so please help me :

Sincerely,
    Stranger

:)

HelpMePlease:, Dec 18, 2020

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 18, 2020
  4. TIGR Win User

I can't use any sort of keyboard for anything windows related

Thema:

I can't use any sort of keyboard for anything windows related

1. I can't use any sort of keyboard for anything windows related - Similar Threads - can't sort keyboard

2. I can't sign in to Microsoft Store or anything Microsoft related.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in to Microsoft Store or anything Microsoft related.: When I try to sign in Microsoft store or Xbox Live after, I enter my account information. It loads then gives me an error which is " You'll need internet for this." and has a code which is 0x800704cf . It has been bothering me for a while and I couldn't find a solution yet....
  3. I can't sign in to Microsoft Store or anything Microsoft related.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't sign in to Microsoft Store or anything Microsoft related.: When I try to sign in Microsoft store or Xbox Live after, I enter my account information. It loads then gives me an error which is " You'll need internet for this." and has a code which is 0x800704cf . It has been bothering me for a while and I couldn't find a solution yet....
  4. Can't use anything Xbox related on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use anything Xbox related on Windows: I'm using Windows 10, and for a while I have not been able to use ANY Xbox service like the new Minecraft launcher, Windows 10 Minecraft, Xbox game bar, etcI've been playing Java through the old launcher but when I try to play bedrock with my console friends, I can't.Does...
  5. Can't use anything Xbox related on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use anything Xbox related on Windows: I'm using Windows 10, and for a while I have not been able to use ANY Xbox service like the new Minecraft launcher, Windows 10 Minecraft, Xbox game bar, etcI've been playing Java through the old launcher but when I try to play bedrock with my console friends, I can't.Does...
  6. CAN'T USE ANY DIFFERENT LANGUAGE KEYBOARD!

in Windows 10 Customization
    CAN'T USE ANY DIFFERENT LANGUAGE KEYBOARD!: This happened a few days ago. I am not able to use Japanese, Chinese, German and any other language keyboard besides English especially Japanese because that my number 2 most used language on Windows 10 anymore. I can't use Google Japanese and MSE Input. When I press Windows...
  7. Can't open anything related to google

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open anything related to google: Until few days ago I could open google related sites such as gmail, search , etc but now whenever i try to open it, it gives me "Your connection is not private" error i also tried it on other browsers such as microsoft edge and google chrome but it gave the same issue is...
  8. Anything related to google

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anything related to google: Hi, I resetted my windows 10 a couple of days ago and now I'm having trouble to access anything related to google. I can access google itself (google.com), but can't open the chrome page to download it, recaptcha prompts are not visible and using google as my browser search...
  9. Can't open anything windows related.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open anything windows related.: Can't really do anything on my pc. My search bar doesn't work, the control panel just goes blank or loads forever, I can't download anything anymore on microsoft edge or google chrome. I don't know how to fix anything been like this for quite some time now. I don't remember...
  10. Can't type anything into any OS window?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't type anything into any OS window?: I'm not sure what the hell has happened. If I type after pressing the windows key, nothing happens. Can't search. If I open a windows settings menu or anything (apps window for example) I can't type anything. Or nothing happens, at least. Disconnected from my wifi, went to...