Windows 10: I can't use anything on the taskbar except pinned apps.

Discus and support I can't use anything on the taskbar except pinned apps. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 Home 1903 Build 18362.535. My friend sold me a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5577 for a dollar (Yes, really. It's basically brand new,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/joshodude, Jan 10, 2020.

1. I can't use anything on the taskbar except pinned apps.

I'm using Windows 10 Home 1903 Build 18362.535. My friend sold me a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5577 for a dollar (Yes, really. It's basically brand new, too) since he didn't really like it. I was putting my crap on it and it was working fine, then I rebooted and now the taskbar is basically functionless. I can open pinned apps from it, but the start menu won't pop up, the search bar won't let me type, the notification center wont open up, etc. Another issue I've been having now is when I open settings with the windows key + i, it will just randomly close after being open for a bit.

I've tried sfc /scannow in an admin CMD and also an admin PowerShell. It said nothing was wrong. I'm pretty sure it's not some infection on my laptop since I've literally only installed 6 trustworthy programs. I have no clue what else to do. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

submitted by /u/joshodude
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/joshodude, Jan 10, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Query re pinning and unpinning apps to taskbar

Pinning an app to taskbar does not remove it from Start all apps list. It list in Start under letter M as in Microsoft Edge, you should find it there even when it is pinned to taskbar.

3. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Query re pinning and unpinning apps to taskbar

I tried using Edge and as I liked it I right clicked the app listing and the pinned it to the taskbar.

What I want to know is how to put that Edge listing back with the other apps because if I unpin it from the taskbar how does one reattach Edge to the listings.

ICIT2LOL, Jan 10, 2020
  4. kreed66 Win User

I can't use anything on the taskbar except pinned apps.

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

I can't use anything on the taskbar except pinned apps.

1. I can't use anything on the taskbar except pinned apps. - Similar Threads - can't anything taskbar

2. Can't click on taskbar and anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click on taskbar and anything: "I experienced an issue where I couldn't click my taskbar and could only click on the last opened window. I couldn't switch to other applications when clicking on the taskbar buttons, and I couldn't click anything at all. I tried using Ctrl + Alt + Delete and then cancelling,...
  3. I can't click anything on desktop and taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't click anything on desktop and taskbar.: To begin with, the computer screen freezes completely. but when I hover the mouse over the elements of the web browser or the Windows interface, it is highlighted as usual, but it does not respond to any mouse clicks.it is important to note that in any other window programs,...
  4. I can't click anything on desktop and taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't click anything on desktop and taskbar.: To begin with, the computer screen freezes completely. but when I hover the mouse over the elements of the web browser or the Windows interface, it is highlighted as usual, but it does not respond to any mouse clicks.it is important to note that in any other window programs,...
  5. No apps on Taskbar working except pinned apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    No apps on Taskbar working except pinned apps: I am using a Windows 10 Enterprise with a digitally activated windows. I recently installed Autodesk Autocad 2021 and until it ran, everything was fine. I uninstalled it due to some reasons but why? My taskbar stopped responding. Start menu i tried to open a thousand...
  6. Can't start apps pinned to taskbar

Can't start apps pinned to taskbar: Since the latest cumulative updates installed KB4562900 & KB4565483 I cannot left-click an app in the taskbar to start it. I have to right-click it, then choose the app from the pop-up menu. This applies to all apps pinned to my taskbar, all of which worked before those...
  7. My PC is completely black except for the taskbar I can't use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC is completely black except for the taskbar I can't use: Hello i recently came back from a friend's house and saw an error that said sihost.exe-system warning and now i can't do anything because when ever i hover over the task bar it just shows the waiting sign so anyone. Ive also tried to restart in safemode whenever i do it...
  8. I can't pin items on taskbar

I can't pin items on taskbar: Hi guys. After the newest update all the items that I had pinned on my taskbar aren't there anymore. Also I can't create new desktop icons. I also did the shift+shutdown thing but that didn't work either. Any help is appreciated....
  9. Can't pin or unpin apps to the taskbar!

Can't pin or unpin apps to the taskbar!: My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 13 7000, updated to Windows 10 Home version 1083. I am having trouble pinning and unpinning apps to my taskbar. The issue is a bit hard to explain, but I will try my best to describe it. I've also attached screenshots to help clarify. When I...
  10. Pinning to Taskbar doesn't do Anything

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning to Taskbar doesn't do Anything: Hi, I'm currently having a problem where pinning any kind of shortcut to the taskbar via its context menu doesn't do anything. That is, a pin doesn't appear on the taskbar, and in the location '%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar' no...