Windows 10: I can't use Bluetooth even though I reinstalled the drivers?

Discus and support I can't use Bluetooth even though I reinstalled the drivers? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello I've been trying to get my bluetooth back up 30 minutes now and it isnt working. I've tried reinstalling the drivers in the settings on Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hamburglerorjeff, Dec 11, 2019.

1. I can't use Bluetooth even though I reinstalled the drivers?

Hello I've been trying to get my bluetooth back up 30 minutes now and it isnt working. I've tried reinstalling the drivers in the settings on Windows and i've tried installing the latest drivers for my motherboard. I went to Bluetooth in the settings and it says that the Intel Wireless Bluetooth has a driver error but i've already reinstalled them? Any help would be appriciated!

submitted by /u/hamburglerorjeff
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hamburglerorjeff, Dec 11, 2019

2. Bluetooth's mobile phone drivers

Hi David,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to update the Bluetooth drivers as the initial troubleshooting steps and check. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager
    • Locate Bluetooth drivers, expand, right click and click on Update.
    If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to uninstall
    and re-install the Bluetooth drivers in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website and download the
      Driver’s setup file
      for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Dec 11, 2019
  3. How To: Reinstall Video Drivers (Quick Guide)

No sir , do all 4 steps then reboot, then reinstall!

sneekypeet, Dec 11, 2019
  4. nick255 Win User

I can't use Bluetooth even though I reinstalled the drivers?

Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

I can't use Bluetooth even though I reinstalled the drivers?

1. I can't use Bluetooth even though I reinstalled the drivers? - Similar Threads - can't Bluetooth though

2. bluetooth not on device even though it is

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth not on device even though it is: Currently receive error message that my device does not have bluetooth bluetooth not available on this device. I know I have bluetooth on my computer I'm currently using it now - my wireless keyboard and mouse are connected via bluetooth with the external adapter it came...
  3. I can't find or use bluetooth

I can't find or use bluetooth: My laptop is an HP Elitebook Workstation 8560w I've bought it not too long ago and installed windows 10 pro on it I tried to connect my bluetooth headset but i can't find the bluetooth icon in settings or anywhere else I've tried to search on the internet to hopefully...
  4. I reinstalled my windows and even though it says the version is 1909 I don't have the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I reinstalled my windows and even though it says the version is 1909 I don't have the...: Any help or solution please? I tried updating manually but it says everytime that my windows is up to date sigh submitted by /u/Gemini_Alien [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eoeqpe/i_reinstalled_my_windows_and_even_though_it_says/
  5. I can't download Minecraft W10 edition even though I meet the requirements.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download Minecraft W10 edition even though I meet the requirements.: I own Minecraft W10 edition and I recently got a PC with windows 10 in order to run it This same PC is able to run java edition seamlessly, but when I try to install W10 edition it'll tell me that there aren't any devices that meet the requirements registered in my Microsoft...
  6. I uninstalled the bluetooth driver from device manager and I cannot reinstall the bluetooth...

I uninstalled the bluetooth driver from device manager and I cannot reinstall the bluetooth...: Dell XPS 13 9365 Windows 10 Home I lost bluetooth capability and one of the tips I found online was to go to device manager and uninstall bluetooth and it would later automatically update, eventually according to the article. I uninstalled, waited, then panicked and...
  7. bluetooth driver reinstall

bluetooth driver reinstall: After the update, my Bluetooth function was not functioning. I uninstalled it per instructions on the prior post. Can you assist me? I need my mouse Bluetooth to work...
  8. I can't download Gears 5 even though i bought it legit.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't download Gears 5 even though i bought it legit.: Welle hello there! I just bought Gears 5. i got a code and entered it in the store. everything works flawlessly except that i can't download the game. which is pretty much a problem! it says i own the game but i need an approbation from an administrator to download the...
  9. Can't delete a file even though I own it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a file even though I own it: I recently installed some kind of virus onto my computer that runs these programs that make my laptop overheat very quickly and sometimes play random music. I figured out the location of these programs, located in two folders in Local Disk C: and have tried to delete them....
  10. Can't remove folder even though I am the owner of it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't remove folder even though I am the owner of it?: Hi I am trying to delete Riot Games from my computer but it wont let me even though I have taken ownership of the file.. It says that I need authorization from the user im currently logged into to make changes to the folder? :/ 87618