Windows 10: I can't use Bluetooth on PC

Discus and support I can't use Bluetooth on PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It has occurred after updating to the latest Windows 10 version 1909. I keep receiving a message that the ‘Device does not support Bluetooth’. I didn’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TiffanyBanach, May 11, 2020.

1. I can't use Bluetooth on PC

It has occurred after updating to the latest Windows 10 version 1909. I keep receiving a message that the ‘Device does not support Bluetooth’. I didn’t have this issue before

:)

TiffanyBanach, May 11, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

iPhone to pc Bluetooth

Hi DianeFrigon,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Are you getting any error message?
    2. Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    3. Did you try paring Android mobile to PC?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone which you link to pair on Windows PC.

Note: Turn on Bluetooth on iPhone, tap settings, tap Bluetooth, and then turn on Bluetooth.

1. Open settings on Windows 10 PC
    2. Select Devices and select Bluetooth
    3. Below Manage Bluetooth devices select, turn on the Bluetooth option.

4. Windows 10 will start searching for Bluetooth devices, in few seconds, your IPhone name will appear in manage Bluetooth devices sections.
    5. Click on pair button
    6. It will prompt for the passcode on Windows 10 PC
    7. Check whether passcode is appearing on your IPhone
    8. Click Yes button on your PC, and then tap pair option on your IPhone to pair with Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth.

Hope it helps

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes Or No.

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, May 11, 2020
  3. Bluetooth not existing after format of PC.

Hi,

If your Bluetooth hardware is missing after resetting your PC, this can be a result of a corrupted, outdated, or missing driver. As an initial step to get Bluetooth working, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this

link
    . Click the drop-down arrow for the Bluetooth doesn't appear and there are no unknown devices listed in Device Manager section to view the appropriate steps.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, May 11, 2020
  4. nick255 Win User

I can't use Bluetooth on PC

Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, May 11, 2020
Thema:

I can't use Bluetooth on PC

1. I can't use Bluetooth on PC - Similar Threads - can't Bluetooth

2. I deleted my bluetooth driver fromdevice manager and can't figure out how to reinstall it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted my bluetooth driver fromdevice manager and can't figure out how to reinstall it.: I went to turn on my bluetooth on my laptop I have a ROG Zephyrus G14 14" Grey AMD Ryzen 7 5800HS/512GB SSD/16GB RAM/RTX 3050, and the toggle in my settings just disappeared. I restarted my laptop, and it was still missing. I am on windows 11I went into my device manager, and...
  3. I deleted my bluetooth driver fromdevice manager and can't figure out how to reinstall it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted my bluetooth driver fromdevice manager and can't figure out how to reinstall it.: I went to turn on my bluetooth on my laptop I have a ROG Zephyrus G14 14" Grey AMD Ryzen 7 5800HS/512GB SSD/16GB RAM/RTX 3050, and the toggle in my settings just disappeared. I restarted my laptop, and it was still missing. I am on windows 11I went into my device manager, and...
  4. I can't connect Bluetooth or wireless wifi or anything. When I went to windows wireless tab...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect Bluetooth or wireless wifi or anything. When I went to windows wireless tab...: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-bluetooth-or-wireless-wifi-or/73018b21-d647-4766-a0cc-3a5a58f6ae00
  5. I can't connect Bluetooth or wireless wifi or anything. When I went to windows wireless tab...

I can't connect Bluetooth or wireless wifi or anything. When I went to windows wireless tab...: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-bluetooth-or-wireless-wifi-or/73018b21-d647-4766-a0cc-3a5a58f6ae00
  6. Bluetooth is unavailable on this device, can't get it reinstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is unavailable on this device, can't get it reinstalled: Like the previously submitted cases, once again my computer isn't allowing Bluetooth. I have attempted a cold reboot twice now, but still Bluetooth is completely unavailable. I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Bluetooth, but the driver does not appear in device...
  7. Bluetooth is unavailable on this device, can't get it reinstalled

Bluetooth is unavailable on this device, can't get it reinstalled: Like the previously submitted cases, once again my computer isn't allowing Bluetooth. I have attempted a cold reboot twice now, but still Bluetooth is completely unavailable. I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Bluetooth, but the driver does not appear in device...
  8. Bluetooth is unavailable on this device, can't get it reinstalled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Can't access Windows 10 Desktop after performing a restore due to bluetooth audio problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Windows 10 Desktop after performing a restore due to bluetooth audio problems: After attempting to roll back to earlier restore point from 2 weeks prior, in the hopes that a new problem with no audio from my bluetooth device, after updating bluetooth audio drivers, I was still unable to correct the bluetooth audio issue so I restored back to present day...
  10. Can't access Windows 10 Desktop after performing a restore due to bluetooth audio problems

Can't access Windows 10 Desktop after performing a restore due to bluetooth audio problems: After attempting to roll back to earlier restore point from 2 weeks prior, in the hopes that a new problem with no audio from my bluetooth device, after updating bluetooth audio drivers, I was still unable to correct the bluetooth audio issue so I restored back to present day...