Windows 10: I can't use cortana even though my region is in Canada.

Discus and support I can't use cortana even though my region is in Canada. in Cortana to solve the problem; I currently live in Canada and am supposed to be able to use Cortana. I even went on region settings and everything was Canadian except for a few small... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by BagelBoi, Jul 5, 2020.

1. BagelBoi Win User

I can't use cortana even though my region is in Canada.

I currently live in Canada and am supposed to be able to use Cortana. I even went on region settings and everything was Canadian except for a few small things like my keyboard which was set to American. I even tried changing my region to America and my language to American English but it was useless because I was still not able to use cortana. I would open it and it would say "Cortana isn't available in your region". I used to use it but suddenly this happened.

:)

BagelBoi, Jul 5, 2020
  2. [ Pete ] Win User

I can't turn on Cortana in Canada.

Here you go...

Activate Cortana alpha version in India, Canada, and Australia

-----------------------

Steps to activate Cortana alpha version
    Essentially, all you need to do is to change your speech settings to English US or UK. If any other permutation works, let us know in the comments.

• If you've changed region or language settings previously to try out Cortana when it released for the US, revert to the original settings for your country. A restart maybe required if you change these settings. If you haven't, confirm that the settings are
      in order.
      • Language: English (India)/English (Canada)/English (Australia)
      • Country/Region: India/Canada/Australia
    • If you've not made any changes before, you'd need to start here and just change your speech settings.
      • Speech: English (United Kingdom)/English (United States)/English (United Kingdom)

[ Pete ], Jul 5, 2020
  3. Cortana not available in Canada region

My understanding was Cortana is meant to work for Canada in 10565. That link is not useful.

Marcel Laurin, Jul 5, 2020
  4. I can't use cortana even though my region is in Canada.

I can't turn on Cortana in Canada.

Hello!

My phone automatically updated itself to WP 8.1 Update 1 Developer Preview yesterday and because my region setting been set to Canada and regional format to English (Canada) as that is where I reside, the Cortana icon is now shown in the app list, but when
    I press on it the circle appears and says, "I'm sorry, but I can't speak your language yet."

From there I select Go to settings and see that the speech language has been set to English (United States). My display language is also set to English (United States) but when I flick to Applications and hit Cortana a screen pops up with the slider disabled
    and the message, "Cortana can only work if your speech language matches your display language."

But it is! So why can't I turn on Cortana? Perhaps I have to change my language to UK for it to work.

Any ideas?

CSD

Surface Tester, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

I can't use cortana even though my region is in Canada.

1. I can't use cortana even though my region is in Canada. - Similar Threads - can't cortana though

2. CORTANA REGION ERROR !!!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CORTANA REGION ERROR !!!?: SALUDOS!! SOY DE SAN JUAN PUERTO RICO, LLEVO TRE DIAS INTENTANDO JUGAR PUBG LITE Y ME SALE UN ERROR EN MI REGION, HE TRATADO DE SOLUCIONARLO CON VARIOS TUTORIALES EN YOUTUBE PERO NADA LO SOLUCIONA. AL IGUAL Q INTENTO USAR CORTANA Y TAMBIEN ME SALE NO DISPONIBLE EN MI REGION!!...
  3. Cortana always says Unavailable In My Region, even if I change regions.

in Cortana
    Cortana always says Unavailable In My Region, even if I change regions.: Whenever i Try To Open Cortana it says Unavailable In My Region Even If i Change Regions i tried 3 different regions it doesn't work. * Original title: Cortana...
  4. Cannot use cortana in Canada.

in Cortana
    Cannot use cortana in Canada.: So I just got my new computer and set it up. The Cortana shows "Sorry, but Cortana is not available in English Canada at this time". My computer currently runs OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 "Windows display language"...
  5. Is there a way for me to use Cortana in my region?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way for me to use Cortana in my region?: [ATTACH] Hi! So, I want to give Cortana a try on my Windows 10 Home, but sadly it says that it's not available in my region. I have windows in Polish, I am in Poland, but is there a way for me to use Cortana at all in English? [Picture: "Cortana is not available in Your...
  6. Cortana in Canada

in Cortana
    Cortana in Canada: When will Cortana (English) be available in Canada? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-in-canada/b9373591-ed96-46f8-ab90-a8f186df03e3"
  7. I can't use Bluetooth even though I reinstalled the drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't use Bluetooth even though I reinstalled the drivers?: Hello I've been trying to get my bluetooth back up 30 minutes now and it isnt working. I've tried reinstalling the drivers in the settings on Windows and i've tried installing the latest drivers for my motherboard. I went to Bluetooth in the settings and it says that the...
  8. Region locked code even though both me and recipient are in the same region?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Region locked code even though both me and recipient are in the same region?: I have recently purchased a gift code for sea of thieves for my friend. Upon my friend receiving the code it would not allow him to redeem it saying that the code was in a different region. Both of us live in Ireland and i purchased it in Ireland. One thing to note was that...
  9. Dictation feature for Canada region

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dictation feature for Canada region: ... so cannot open Dictation. Elsewhere people found changing "keyboard layout" fixed this but I don't know how to do this and those threads were locked for some stupid reason. Edit: Googled it: Used Windows Key + Spacebar to toggle keyboard layout to US English. That...
  10. Cortana in Canada

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana in Canada: I am in New Brunswick Canada. build 9926. I really wanted to try the Cortana feature, just wondering if this is not available in Canada? 4357