Windows 10: I can't use ctrl + x to cut any text on the internet

Discus and support I can't use ctrl + x to cut any text on the internet in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I try to use ctrl + x to cut text while on the internet it does not work. For example, if I'm using google search engine and type text into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Al-Zamar McKinney, Jan 27, 2023.

1. I can't use ctrl + x to cut any text on the internet

Whenever I try to use ctrl + x to cut text while on the internet it does not work. For example, if I'm using google search engine and type text into the search bar, I cannot use ctrl + x to cut any text and paste it. How do I fix this?This problem has only started when I switched to windows 11.

:)

Al-Zamar McKinney, Jan 27, 2023
  2. SamR0528 Win User

When using Quora (Win10 MS Edge) using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to cut and paste into a reply or comment results in the display of the HTML assciated with the text. How do I get just text?

Using Web app Quora with WIn10 and MS Edge

When I use CTRL+C to cut text from any website and then use CTRL+V to insert it into my Quora reply/comment the associated HTML is also displayed.

The only way I can work around this is to

• Paste the cut into Notepad (CTRL+V)
    • Recopy it (CTRL+C)
    • Paste the new snippet into Quora (CTRL+V)
    It appears from interaction with others on Quora that this is a MS Edge problem and the suggestion is I use Chrome instead.

I would prefer to use MS Edge

Any solution?

BTW It is a sad comment that the Category list below does not include MS Edge but only refers to Internet Explorer...

SamR0528, Jan 27, 2023
  3. Cut Shortcut Key not ctrl +x but ctrl + window logo + x

Hi I'm recently found out that my cut shortcut key has been changed from ctrl + x to ctrl + window logo + x.

It's very annoying, I've been searching solutions for hours and there's no answer to it.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

I'm using Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks.

KelvinWoo1, Jan 27, 2023
  4. mayankx Win User

I can't use ctrl + x to cut any text on the internet

How do I select and copy paste text from sms or email?

Thanks for your reply but the following shortcuts dont work on nokia e-5 when i select text and try to copy while composing an sms or email

General shortcuts

• Ctrl + C - Copy text.
    • Ctrl + V - Paste text.
    • Ctrl + X - Cut text.
    • Ctrl + A - Select all.

mayankx, Jan 27, 2023
Thema:

I can't use ctrl + x to cut any text on the internet

1. I can't use ctrl + x to cut any text on the internet - Similar Threads - can't ctrl cut

2. Why can't I use ANY of the text based stuff on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I use ANY of the text based stuff on my PC?: Like, I can't use search box, search in settings and stuff like that. I tried to fix it but no hope, can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-use-any-of-the-text-based-stuff-on-my/80fd3bef-385b-4db8-a33d-74604a71b6f4
  3. Text cut in half

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text cut in half: The text under the menu items are cut in half. What do I need to do? I've tried to change the scale but that didn't work. You can see under 3D Builder, 7Zip etc the tops of letters. Not a big deal but kind of annoying for sure.Thanks...
  4. Text cut in half

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text cut in half: The text under the menu items are cut in half. What do I need to do? I've tried to change the scale but that didn't work. You can see under 3D Builder, 7Zip etc the tops of letters. Not a big deal but kind of annoying for sure.Thanks...
  5. I can't use ctrl + x to cut any text on the internet

I can't use ctrl + x to cut any text on the internet: Whenever I try to use ctrl + x to cut text while on the internet it does not work. For example, if I'm using google search engine and type text into the search bar, I cannot use ctrl + x to cut any text and paste it. How do I fix this?This problem has only started when I...
  6. Can't use CTRL+A or CTRL+W

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't use CTRL+A or CTRL+W: My other keyboard shortcuts are working. But those two aren't working anywhere. I've tried a number of trouble shooting solutions and nothing has worked. Any ideas how to fix it?...
  7. Can't use CTRL+A or CTRL+W

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use CTRL+A or CTRL+W: My other keyboard shortcuts are working. But those two aren't working anywhere. I've tried a number of trouble shooting solutions and nothing has worked. Any ideas how to fix it?...
  8. Can't use CTRL+A or CTRL+W

9. Ctrl + C, Ctrl + X, and Ctrl + V not working in any program in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl + C, Ctrl + X, and Ctrl + V not working in any program in Windows 10.: For a while now my Ctrl + C, Ctrl + X, and Ctrl + V shortcuts for copy, cut, and paste have not been working. I can still right click with the mouse to use these function and other Ctrl functions such as Ctrl + A still work. I have tried updating my version of windows,...
  10. Ctrl+X Cut was a lie. Removed all my documents...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl+X Cut was a lie. Removed all my documents...: Hello. I know control copy is safest method. However... Once in a while control copy doesnt copy all files for some reason. I started using Control Cut. I trusted it too much... I transfered my documents to external hard drive. It looked all clean. My idea was to get...